Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Points upgrade cost

Could anyone tell me how many Skywards points it would cost to upgrade a DXB -> MAN Economy Saver ticket?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:33 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
Could anyone tell me how many Skywards points it would cost to upgrade a DXB -> MAN Economy Saver ticket?
57500 one way. See https://www.emirates.com/account/za/...alculator.aspx
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:44 am

Is there any significant differences between the EK First Class experience on flights that depart in the early morning vs. daytime flights? Currently booked on DXB-YYZ departing at 3:30am and wondering if it's worth changing to something else.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by flyer05
Is there any significant differences between the EK First Class experience on flights that depart in the early morning vs. daytime flights? Currently booked on DXB-YYZ departing at 3:30am and wondering if it's worth changing to something else.
Changing would mean flying to a different city, is it worth it for that? As it's a ULH flight it will probably get the full service, though perhaps not caviar, since it's flying west bound so it's pretty much early morning the entire way.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:45 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Changing would mean flying to a different city, is it worth it for that? As it's a ULH flight it will probably get the full service, though perhaps not caviar, since it's flying west bound so it's pretty much early morning the entire way.
EK241 has the full works, including the caviar service. If you look at ‘what’s on my flight’ on the EK website, you’ll get a good impression. Seeing that it is ULH, I would say the difference with J is substantial.

Yes, of course it is ‘morning’ the whole way (10am arrival). However, your body clock may struggle with that concept and the ‘on demand ‘ principle in F really pays off in that case. To me that is a main advantage of flying F.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:34 am

Volunteering to go on later flight

We are flying from Cape Town to Hong Kong on Friday 15 March. From Emirates website both flights from Cape Town to Dubai on this date are showing as completely sold out in all classes. On 16 March there is some availability in First Class.

We have a single ticket to Hong Kong since we are picking up a cruise and are spending 4 nights there before the cruise.

We'd be happy staying an extra day or so in Cape Town. If the plane is overbooked, do we volunteer to delay our departure once we are at the airport? From Emirates website it seems we would be entitled to a free return ticket. But if we are on a single ticket, would that entitlement be a single ticket? We wouldn't volunteer if it's only a single ticket!

Thanks for your advice.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Longton
We are flying from Cape Town to Hong Kong on Friday 15 March. From Emirates website both flights from Cape Town to Dubai on this date are showing as completely sold out in all classes. On 16 March there is some availability in First Class.

We have a single ticket to Hong Kong since we are picking up a cruise and are spending 4 nights there before the cruise.

We'd be happy staying an extra day or so in Cape Town. If the plane is overbooked, do we volunteer to delay our departure once we are at the airport? From Emirates website it seems we would be entitled to a free return ticket. But if we are on a single ticket, would that entitlement be a single ticket? We wouldn't volunteer if it's only a single ticket!

Thanks for your advice.
Single = one-way in your description above. I am not sure, it might be a return ticket, but it might also just be a one-way. You can tell the check-in agents that you're on a one-way ticket and would be willing to be moved to a later flight if they require volunteers in return for a return compensation ticket, if it is a one-way you're not interested.

That being said, EK Revenue Management is pretty good and there's a decent change they won't need volunteers, or will pick someone else.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:55 am

Thanks for the clear reply.

Since Feb Emirates have only two flights a day from Cape Town from three previously so I guess the planes will be near capacity.

I'll let you know what happens.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Longton
Thanks for the clear reply.

Since Feb Emirates have only two flights a day from Cape Town from three previously so I guess the planes will be near capacity.

I'll let you know what happens.
Possibly, but they only had the third flight for about two years I think, and the one flight was never that full in my experience. I'm currently booking flights to/from CPT for end of March and end of April and not having any problems finding availability (actually not true, the evening flight end of March is quite full). Anyway, worth a try, I've tried offering before at check-in (not in CPT) but never had any luck
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:21 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Possibly, but they only had the third flight for about two years I think, and the one flight was never that full in my experience. I'm currently booking flights to/from CPT for end of March and end of April and not having any problems finding availability (actually not true, the evening flight end of March is quite full). Anyway, worth a try, I've tried offering before at check-in (not in CPT) but never had any luck

There must be something going on around that date (15/03). maybe school holidays? Both flights seem packed on 14 to 17 March. Only F2 Y1 on 773 on the 16th otherwise zero's all along.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
There must be something going on around that date (15/03). maybe school holidays? Both flights seem packed on 14 to 17 March. Only F2 Y1 on 773 on the 16th otherwise zero's all along.
Yep school holidays
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:35 am

We are flying the EK002 next week and onwards onto the EK701 so have a 1hr 45 min connection time. Is this enough time to allow us to use the F lounge? Or not?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:56 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by gilly 16
We are flying the EK002 next week and onwards onto the EK701 so have a 1hr 45 min connection time. Is this enough time to allow us to use the F lounge? Or not?
Generally speaking, yes.

But of course there are a few variables, such as 'is EK2 on time', what concourse do you arrive at / depart from (i.e. how long does the transfer between concourses - if any - take) and finally 'does EK2 ever get a bus gate about 30 minutes drive away' (As EK 2 is a 380, that is less likely than if it was a 77W, but I have twice been on a 380 arriving at a bus gate at DXB).
So no guarantee offered.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:38 am

Thank you. They say we arrive and depart from T3, but I realise that can change. We’ll keep fingers crossed then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.