Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:09 pm

Hi,

I will be flying with my family on Emirates for the first in over ten years this summer. We are in J on the A380 (first time) and when selecting our seats there seem to be quite a few seats blocked. Is there any way I can request 1 or 2 of these are unblocked so we can select our preferred seats. I assume these are blocked for Skywards higher tiered flyers. Many thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by OtardXO
Hi,

I will be flying with my family on Emirates for the first in over ten years this summer. We are in J on the A380 (first time) and when selecting our seats there seem to be quite a few seats blocked. Is there any way I can request 1 or 2 of these are unblocked so we can select our preferred seats. I assume these are blocked for Skywards higher tiered flyers. Many thanks.
Maybe Platinums but us plebs below Plat don't get those seats. Usually they're blocked for unaccompanied minors, bassinets and VIPs (usually just in F, but possibly in J). Try to check in exactly at OLCI (48 hours before) and these seats should be open at that point.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by OtardXO
Hi,

Call EK and ask, they might be able to switch you to a 'blocked' seat, I've done this many times (in J and F).
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:19 am

Is there a thread on here which updates Emirates Lounge menus? I can't find one after searching but know other airlines forums have them.

Flying F for the first time: GRU - DXB - SIN - MEL later this year. Closer to the time would be good to know whats serving in F lounge so can plan on flight meals etc - and for curiosity too!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by am0985
Is there a thread on here which updates Emirates Lounge menus? I can't find one after searching but know other airlines forums have them.

Flying F for the first time: GRU - DXB - SIN - MEL later this year. Closer to the time would be good to know whats serving in F lounge so can plan on flight meals etc - and for curiosity too!
There isn't - yet.

However, if you ask again closer to the time, surely someone will be able to advise what is on the F lounge menu at the time.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
How long before departure do they allow you to pass security / get into the F lounge?

(If there's a restriction to get airside: do they let you in earlier with a booking for an airside naproom/hotel?)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Is EK184 (BRU-DXB) 100% the new Emirates F or is only the EK182 one. I cant figure it out from the website as it doesnt mention it except that its a 777

Same for the return. are both 181 and 183 the new F or just one of them?

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by fbruno
How long before departure do they allow you to pass security / get into the F lounge?

(If there's a restriction to get airside: do they let you in earlier with a booking for an airside naproom/hotel?)
I don't think there's any check. I went through recently about 5 hours before my flight.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by itisme
Is EK184 (BRU-DXB) 100% the new Emirates F or is only the EK182 one. I cant figure it out from the website as it doesnt mention it except that its a 777

Same for the return. are both 181 and 183 the new F or just one of them?
Both flights have been new F recently. You can tell for future flights by looking at a seatmap (dummy booking on Expedia) and if there's 6 seats in F then it's new.

Is the second question a trick one or do you think they could change the F cabin from old to new in BRU between flights?

ETA. Not a flame - I just couldn't resist it.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Haha thanks ft101. No not a trick Q lol. As i didnt knew they were both the new F i was just wondering if both the Dubai-Bru flights would also be the new F. Now that i know both Bru-Dubai ones are i get that the other ones will be too Thanks alot! Booking now
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, AA Advantage
DFW to JED on EK using AMEX reward points

Planning to fly DFW - JED round trip business class in early March using EK
When booking using classic rewards, EK is showing 904,000 miles + about $7k in surcharges for 2 adults and 2 children (5-11). The cash price for same routing is $17.5k
I have enough Amex point to transfer over to EK but wondering if this a good use of those miles? Any suggestions or alternate carrier / routing advice for the experts here would be appreciated!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by hharry352
Planning to fly DFW - JED round trip business class in early March using EK
When booking using classic rewards, EK is showing 904,000 miles + about $7k in surcharges for 2 adults and 2 children (5-11). The cash price for same routing is $17.5k
I have enough Amex point to transfer over to EK but wondering if this a good use of those miles? Any suggestions or alternate carrier / routing advice for the experts here would be appreciated!
The "surcharges" seems way too high. Could you post the breakdown? I tried to see myself, but it won't let me get that far as I don't have enough points.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The "surcharges" seems way too high. Could you post the breakdown? I tried to see myself, but it won't let me get that far as I don't have enough points.
OK - found the surcharges from a revenue booking... Looks like EK & BA are trying to outdo each other on who can charge the highest taxes & surcharges.

Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
I have booked SYD-ARN Y Flex/Y Flex Plus (and subsequently upgraded to J on outbound). In looking at the fare rules am I correct in reading that I would be charged the higher penalty (Flex) for a refund but changes would continue to be free?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Darkpulsar
I have booked SYD-ARN Y Flex/Y Flex Plus (and subsequently upgraded to J on outbound). In looking at the fare rules am I correct in reading that I would be charged the higher penalty (Flex) for a refund but changes would continue to be free?
The Flex part of the ticket is not free to change or cancel. The Flex Plus part is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.