Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

accidentally disabled online check in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

accidentally disabled online check in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Disagree.

The question is designed to ensure you are explicity aware of the contents of what you're carrying. And there could be doubt if someone has given you a suitcase, parcel or wrapped package which you haven't opened and inspected.

If a friend loans me a book to read on the flight, or lends me some headphones and I get asked the question 'did someone give you something' my answer is 'no'.

Not everything is black and white. I think airl;ines and security assume people employ a bit of common sense with these things rather than tie up valuable security time with nonsense. (Time that could be spend on issues with higher risk.)
It is a Yes / No question , so is "black or white"

It does not tie up any security time to answer truthfully - if saying "yes , I was lent this book" , it is up to the security person to decide whether it is worth spending time on it, or just seeing it is a book and moving on
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
This is beyond ridiculous..

To ensure I do not lie next time, I will make sure the check in staff are aware that I have my girlfriends underwear in my bag because she can never fit all her clothes in her bag. I will make them aware that I have a pair of socks that my father left and I am taking them back to him. That perfume that my mother left in my spare room, my friends tooth brush...

Luckily there are more who exercise common sense than those that don't otherwise nobody would ever get anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.