Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2019 (incl Route Rumours)

Emirates Wishlist for 2019 (incl Route Rumours)

Old Dec 6, 18, 3:54 pm
  #1  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 14,059
Emirates Wishlist for 2019 (incl Route Rumours)

Got my thread back ..
Bouncingsouls, m3red, Cyba and 5 others like this.
DYKWIA is online now  
Old Dec 6, 18, 10:36 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Posts: 164
A F sale for once in their lifetime please….

And add some 'simpler' light bites in F. A nice little hamburger like Virgin Atlantic offers for example or a pasta meal. Not everybody wants caviar and the likes..
Air Houston likes this.
itisme is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 6:29 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Manchester/London, currently Tunisia
Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Posts: 454
I would like a Fifth freedom flight - LHR/LGW/MAN to TUN. Makes absolutely no sense as flight loads are always minimal on Tunisair (probably around 50 pax a day) however, just once, I would like to board the aircraft where my delay hasn't been longer than the flight itself!

On a more serious request - it really should be possible by now to select the type of ticket (saver, flex, flex+) when using the advanced search option online. I have had a few occasions now, where there have been 10% discount codes that I have not been able to use because I have had to make a booking over the phone instead of online.
Will08 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 6:43 am
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,766
Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
I would like a Fifth freedom flight - LHR/LGW/MAN to TUN. Makes absolutely no sense as flight loads are always minimal on Tunisair (probably around 50 pax a day) however, just once, I would like to board the aircraft where my delay hasn't been longer than the flight itself!

On a more serious request - it really should be possible by now to select the type of ticket (saver, flex, flex+) when using the advanced search option online. I have had a few occasions now, where there have been 10% discount codes that I have not been able to use because I have had to make a booking over the phone instead of online.
Yes the inability to select the proper fare brand/type is very annoying. I use ITA Matrix as I always want flex fares. I book through my bank anyway as I get discounts (20%-30% on base fare) and their online search engine (obviously) also doesn't let you choose so I have to e-mail them.

Cheat for ITA: in advanced routing codes in the second (right-hand) box under the departure city the following will show only Flex fares: F bc=u|bc=m|bc=w|bc=r|bc=b|bc=k
In the left box enter C:EK+ to restrict to EK operated flights
Will08 and Zol like this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 7:12 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Manchester/London, currently Tunisia
Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Posts: 454
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Yes the inability to select the proper fare brand/type is very annoying. I use ITA Matrix as I always want flex fares. I book through my bank anyway as I get discounts (20%-30% on base fare) and their online search engine (obviously) also doesn't let you choose so I have to e-mail them.

Cheat for ITA: in advanced routing codes in the second (right-hand) box under the departure city the following will show only Flex fares: F bc=u bc=m bc=w bc=r bc=b bc=k
In the left box enter C:EK+ to restrict to EK operated flights
Similar subject - I found business saver tickets TUN-DXB, DXB-BKK but only Flex for BKK-SYD so of course the whole flight becomes business flex (I require the stop over in BKK). Usually I wouldn't have a problem with this, however, when you change the flight to Y flex+ for the same route to then use miles you don't get the TUN-SYD miles price. You have to pay TUN-BKK then BKK-SYD as it is seen as separate flights.

So for miles it is separate but for fare type EK see it as one. The same goes for booking mixed classes, this isn't allowed but if in terms of miles EK see it as separate flights why it is not possible to book TUN-BKK on a business saver, then BKK-SYD Y...!
Will08 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 8:15 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,766
Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
Similar subject - I found business saver tickets TUN-DXB, DXB-BKK but only Flex for BKK-SYD so of course the whole flight becomes business flex (I require the stop over in BKK). Usually I wouldn't have a problem with this, however, when you change the flight to Y flex+ for the same route to then use miles you don't get the TUN-SYD miles price. You have to pay TUN-BKK then BKK-SYD as it is seen as separate flights.

So for miles it is separate but for fare type EK see it as one. The same goes for booking mixed classes, this isn't allowed but if in terms of miles EK see it as separate flights why it is not possible to book TUN-BKK on a business saver, then BKK-SYD Y...!
Married segments. That's not a bug unfortunately, it's a feature
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 8:27 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Manchester/London, currently Tunisia
Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Posts: 454
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Married segments. That's not a bug unfortunately, it's a feature
Yeah I get that, its just annoying there is one rule for miles and another for mixed class flights.
Will08 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 8:50 am
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,766
Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
Yeah I get that, its just annoying there is one rule for miles and another for mixed class flights.
Well even for awards, I don't think you can get the individual segments on different classes of service. And for that matter, married segment logic is also the reason why you can't combine Saver and Flex. The entire married segment has to be in a single underlying fare bucket.

A way around it, if you like HKG, and if there is Saver availability, is to route your return via HKG, (you'll need to include a stopover most likely), this way HKG becomes your fare breakpoint, with BKK being a stopover, and then you can add SYD as a side trip which is a separate segment. I do this often where I fly from SA to India and a third country in Europe for example, ticketed as follows:

CPT-DXB (Flex, segment A)
DXB-HYD (Saver, sidetrip, segment B)
HYD-DXB (Saver, sidetrip, segment C)
DXB-MUC (Flex, segment A)
PRG-(DXB)-CPT (Flex, segment D)

it's ticketed and fared as a CPT-MUC return in Flex, with a stopover in DXB, and in that stopover you nest a sidetrip. You can build this on ITA or on the EK website but you need to put in every individual leg (i.e. you can't put in CPT-HYD, need to split it, and then on ITA specify the Flex or Saver fare buckets). To India the Saver v Flex earning is a couple hundred miles difference but the cost differential is a couple hundred USD, so it's significant. This way I pay $700, it's mostly Y Flex, I earn 15k skywards miles or so and around 9k tier miles (18k with the recent double tier promo)
Will08 and ElJudioErrante like this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 2:11 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 530
With the ongoing pilot shortage EK is facing and yield pressures, I would be surprised to see much expansion in 2019. The current plan has 13 77Ws leaving over 2019 which will surely help reduce the differential between aircraft EK can crew and aircraft EK can't crew. Obviously we'll see a considerable amount of reduction for the runway closure, so take these guesses as Q2 guesses.

If there is any expansion to be had in 2019 I think the following might occur:
-Fifth daily SIN with a 77W
-Fourth daily LGW with a 77W
-Third daily GVA with a 77L (Building off of easyJet's worldwide connect service soon to be offered at GVA)
-Third daily ISL/IST OR upgauge to a 388
-Third daily MAD with a 77W
-Reinstatement of CPT's third daily 778/779 (I'm actually very surprised this flight is coming to an end. It's almost always full!)
-Second daily NRT with a 77W
-Second daily SEA via CPH (Large Scandinavian community and large cargo uplift from SEA; this route had been explored by EK in the past) with a 77L
-If the above were to happen, then a downgauge of 388 to 77W with the addition of a second daily flight
-Upgauge of ORD 235/236 from 77W to 380
-Upgauge of SYD 416/417 from 77W to 380
-Upgauge of PER 424/425 from 77W to 380
-Starting SUB with a 77W
-EK taking FZ's morning OTP flight with a 77W
-Further access into W. Africa: one or two of FNA, KAN, LBV, NSI

Overall, I don't expect much in the way of expansion, I'm largely bearish on EK's growth prospects over the next year given depressing yields and the pilot shortage. There's still a large number of aircraft (both 77W and 380) that are going through temporary storage at DWC. They will have to keep some sort of critical mass of volume going through DXB, otherwise you'll end up seeing a lot of other reductions.
m3red likes this.

Last edited by CaptainEKAirbus; Dec 8, 18 at 1:06 pm Reason: Correction of KNA to KAN
CaptainEKAirbus is offline  
Old Dec 8, 18, 7:33 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Posts: 2,237
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus View Post
-Further access into W. Africa: one or two of FNA, KNA, LBV, NSI
Surely that would be FZ territory? Unless FNA is served as a tag-on from a de-coupled ACC/ ABJ?

What's KNA?
Any idea how FIH is performing fro FZ?
Cyba is offline  
Old Dec 8, 18, 8:02 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 637
KNA = Vin„ del Mar / Chile
Cyba likes this.
ZRHMD11 is online now  
Old Dec 8, 18, 12:58 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 530
Originally Posted by ZRHMD11 View Post
KNA = Vin„ del Mar / Chile
Haven't you heard how successful EK has been with their SCL flights?

Typo, it meant to say KAN.
ZRHMD11 likes this.
CaptainEKAirbus is offline  
Old Dec 8, 18, 1:17 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 530
Originally Posted by Cyba View Post
Surely that would be FZ territory? Unless FNA is served as a tag-on from a de-coupled ACC/ ABJ?

What's KNA?
Any idea how FIH is performing fro FZ?
Sorry that meant to say KAN.

Any of those destinations might be a stretch for the range of the 738. Perhaps with the 7M8 and 7M9 joining FZ's fleet over the next year we'll see routes like these materialize.

Cargo is also an important consideration on W. African flights. The 7M8/7M9 would likely be payload restricted because of fuel to make the flight nonstop. A triangle routing with any pair of those destinations with a 77W would provide substantially more cargo uplift.
DYKWIA and Cyba like this.
CaptainEKAirbus is offline  
Old Dec 8, 18, 6:42 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: British Airways
Posts: 24
Will 2019 be the year that Glasgow gets the much rumoured A380.....
ld0595 is offline  
Old Dec 9, 18, 8:51 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 463
Originally Posted by ld0595 View Post
Will 2019 be the year that Glasgow gets the much rumoured A380.....
there is some work being carried out on the air bridge on the usual gate 32 gate and has been over the last 3 months that Iíve flown. Hereís hoping itís being upgraded to cater for the a380!
S c 0 TT y is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread