Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2019 (incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I take RGN-DXB-Europe maybe 6x per year. EK I like as I can go to, say Madrid, and back from Glasgow. I'm based in Yangon, so a day of work, some sports, some dinner and a shower gets me to around 11.30pm/midnight ready to head to the airport.

For RGN-MID there are lots of options via the USA but i'm keen to avoid if possible. RGN-NRT-MEX-MID (NH/AM) works well with a 9 hour NRT layover outbound and 4 hour inbound.

More creative opportunities via ICN, also avoiding the USA are possible. ICN-MEX is direct but MEX-ICN goes via MTY. ICN-MID/MEX is very keenly priced on AM in business class.

Interested to see what EK offer. I also don't know if they'll start it before November.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
A380 for HND

My wish would be for Tokyo to be served by 2 daily A380 flights. Right now it's an A380 for NRT but 777 for HND. Maybe happen next year for the Olympics?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:31 am
Suspended

2nd daily STN announced from July 1st. That brings London flights up to 11/day across all 3 airports.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Tokyobuta
My wish would be for Tokyo to be served by 2 daily A380 flights. Right now it's an A380 for NRT but 777 for HND. Maybe happen next year for the Olympics?
There are restrictions on the ability of airlines to use an A380 to HND, which I believe is why no one currently does - fairly sure AF and possibly BA would do so if they could, maybe SQ and the Korean Airlines too.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Tokyobuta
Yes, I think EK will send A380 to NRT instead of HND, but they don't allowed to bring an A380 to HND. Due to restrictions.

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
There are restrictions on the ability of airlines to use an A380 to HND, which I believe is why no one currently does - fairly sure AF and possibly BA would do so if they could, maybe SQ and the Korean Airlines too.
Right! I think the A380 will be at NRT instead of HND. That won't be affected.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: Skywards/Skymiles/SAA Voyager
I noticed a follow up regarding Emirates flights to Mozambique. This recent link from Club of Mozambique mentioned Emirates again. https://clubofmozambique.com/news/em...to-mozambique/ The same story ran a little over a year ago, but the earlier article made it sound like Emirates was courting Mozambique, while this time it looks more like Mozambique is courting Emirates. If a link with DNATA makes that more likely, no complaints from me.

I wonder what pricing would be like out of MPM? Emirates pricing out of nearby Johannesburg is very competitive, which is why I fly Emirates a lot out of JNB. Since I live in northern Mozambique, I often compare prices from DAR and NBO as well, but Emirates fares from those cities tend to be much less competitive. I wonder how MPM would "fare" if they were added as an Emirates destination.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:17 pm

I just saw on Etihad insta that they are introducing an "air-cart", a meal trolley that can be pulled from above instead of the classic trolley that stays on the airplane floor .
It could be an april fools but if that's real, it would be nice if Emirates introduce a similar trolley
That would allow people to move around better during mealtime service
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by cheyru
I just saw on Etihad insta that they are introducing an "air-cart", a meal trolley that can be pulled from above instead of the classic trolley that stays on the airplane floor .
It could be an april fools but if that's real, it would be nice if Emirates introduce a similar trolley
it's 100% April fools. EY barely have enough money to stock their lavatories with toilet paper
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by cheyru
I thought Emirates will introduce a chauffeurless Chauffeur Drive Drone at UAE ?

(its on EK IG for April's Fool
Old May 9, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A Gold
I'm hearing that TNR maybe added at some point in 2019. Anyone heard about that?
Would be excellent news if true.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ironmouse
I'm hearing that TNR maybe added at some point in 2019. Anyone heard about that?
Would be excellent news if true.
Haven't heard anything but that would be very interesting, however I wonder if there's enough demand. It would almost certainly not be daily, perhaps a tag on to MRU or Reunion
Old May 9, 2019, 12:01 pm

Tag on to MRU would make sense, although not with a A380 .
Demand might be there, tho would probably take traffic from ET or AF for the Europe bound PAX.
Personally I would be very happy to see EK here, although they may have other ideas.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

There's a specific thread for rumours :-

Please could we keep this thread for confirmed changes?

Cheers!
Old May 9, 2019, 1:13 pm

Noted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.