Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2019 (incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Wishlist for 2019 (incl Route Rumours)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y

there is some work being carried out on the air bridge on the usual gate 32 gate and has been over the last 3 months that I’ve flown. Here’s hoping it’s being upgraded to cater for the a380!
I posted about it elsewhere, but the planning application specifically states that there will be an upper floor extension with provision for three airbridges, so it's pretty safe to assume that it's prep for an A380.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:18 pm
ECR

It will never happen, but I wish Emirates would join Oneworld (or Oneworld Connect). If anything though they seem to be drifting away from their partnership with Qantas rather then strengthening it.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by ld0595
I posted about it elsewhere, but the planning application specifically states that there will be an upper floor extension with provision for three airbridges, so it's pretty safe to assume that it's prep for an A380.
I'd been hoping for it when it goes down to one daily in April, but nothing on the booking engine last I looked and the girls in the lounge last week hadn't heard either.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:44 pm

The A380 for Boston, at least in the non-winter months. However, it's a dog for cargo compared to the 77W (I think BOS has a big freight demand) and there are no A380 de-icers at Boston.

So lacking that, a return of the 2nd daily that Mr. STC has been chattering on about.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
I'm still hoping for the return of the 2nd daily LAX flight. J/F totally full in both directions, and one was on a Wednesday!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:49 pm

Europe:
Bucharest (transfer from FZ)
Malaga
Toulouse or Marseille

USA:
Atlanta

Australia:
Cairns
Darwin
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:05 am

It'll never happen, but I'd really love it if I didn't have to watch the extended ICE video in two languages on *every single flight*.
thijsseh, Will08 and dubaibaby like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by euroxx
USA:
Atlanta
I don't think they go to ATL. Because DL has already flies ATL-DXB over years ago and they pulling out of DXB completely. I don't think DL will reconsider ATL-DXB in a distant future.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
I don't think they go to ATL. Because DL has already flies ATL-DXB over years ago and they pulling out of DXB completely. I don't think DL will reconsider ATL-DXB in a distant future.
EK would love to fly to ATL... However, that would be poking a hornets nest with a big stick
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
EK would love to fly to ATL... However, that would be poking a hornets nest with a big stick
Actually, QR has already flies DOH-ATL. I don't think EK consider to ATL anytime soon. Probably not for a while. They won't know for sure.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:15 pm

Actually, QR has already flies DOH-ATL. I don't think EK consider to ATL anytime soon. Probably not for a while. They won't know for sure.
Maybe something lost in translation but why is what DL and QR do relevant? Emirates don't tend to be too fixated by what other people do.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
EK needs to fat profits cushion before it can start routes to poke competitors, and given fuel prices, yields and pilot shortage, I doubt that's happening in the next couple of years!

I wonder how many planes EK is going to have to sell this year to show an actual profit
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by ld0595
Will 2019 be the year that Glasgow gets the much rumoured A380.....
Yes ! Just announced, begins in April 2019.

Glasgow Airport Facebook feed has the news today, as does media centre below.

https://www.glasgowairport.com/media...-a380-service/
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:41 am

flydubai announced the launch of Naples and Kozhikode. Another two destinations which will not see EK in the near future.

Also surprised that HEL is not served by EK but by FZ. QR offers double daily widebody service next summer so EK should be able to fill a daily B77W.

Wishes for the next 5 years:

Europe

BER, STR, GOT, TLS, AGP
HEL, OTP, BEG, KBP (EK to take over flights from FZ)
4th daily MAN
3rd daily ZRH, DUS, MXP
2nd daily to STN, NCL, CPH, ARN, OSL, LED, WAW, PRG, VCE/BLQ
FRA, MUC, HAM, AMS, FCO, MXP, VIE, DME to be served only by A380

America

ATL, YVR, YUL, YYC, MEX, BOG
improvement of Florida business e.g. focus to only one city (MCO, FLL or MIA) with proper connecting flights to Carribean/Latin America
2nd daily flights to LAX, SFO, SEA, ORD, IAD, BOS, YYZ

AustralAsia

Krabi, Penang, Pune
launch of secondary cities in China e.g. CTU, HGH, SZX, KMG, XIY, CKG, NKG, XMN and Indonesia e.g. Medan, Surabaya
2nd daily ICN, TPE, SGN, HAN, PER, ADL
key cities like BKK, SIN, HKG, SYD, MEL to be served only by A380

Africa

Sansibar, Kilimanjaro, Kigali, Libreville, Kinshasa, Windhoek
nonstop services to ACC, ABJ, DKR with new add-on/combination e.g. to Ouagadougou, Bamako, Monrovia, Freetown, Cotonou
nonstop services to LUN and HRE with new add-on/combination to Maputo
2nd daily ADD, DAR, CMN

Last edited by EK77W; Dec 24, 2018 at 2:54 am
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I'd like to see HYD finally get an A380 (though it'd be 2-class). There be been rumours for years. Not sure if it's a gate restriction or what, but the 77Ws are oversold every day and there's very high demand in Y. The airport can handle an A380 in terms of the runway and taxiways, an EK A380 has diverted there previously

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.