Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Quick Trip Report - EK22 - MAN-DXB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:17 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

I've just arrived at DXB (well, in the pub actually) after a great flight in F.

- CD picked up on time. A bit strange as he seemed to be braking and accelerating constantly. Also ran a red light and nearly got us t-boned. His story of how he gets back to his childhood home in Siberia was great. 4 flights taking 38 hours. Believable until he added the 2.5 days on horseback when he gets there

- Nobody at the F check in. Bag dropped and BP issued in about 30 seconds.

- Security was empty. So, in the lounge less that 30 minutes after pickup.

- Had a nice breakfast in the lounge. Even the MAN EK lounge puts most other lounges to shame. Some are just Bloody Awful,

- Borded, champagne, and pushed back on time. There was then a technical hitch for about 20 minutes before we set off. Short taxy, and in the air about 9:15.

- I wasn't intending drinking from the off... but got persuaded by the FA to have a DP (or it may have been 3)

- My missus had asked me to try and get an amenity kit for her. I asked the purser, and shortly afterwards was presented with a nice bag containing both the male and female versions.

- I then moved onto the wine. I went for a Pharoah Moans 2015. If you've never had this before, please don't bother. It's terrible, honestly, you definitely wouldn't like it. Me and m3red will drink it for you.

- Went to the bar for a bit (it was MAN full) with my Pharoah Moans 2015 (I hated it). Had a chat with a wedding party heading to Phuket, and tried to get the courage to ask Bill Beaumont for a selfie (didn't happen). The FAs from F looked after me and brought me some more Pharoah Moans 2015 (don't bother). I can imagine what would be written on other forums if an FA had asked "Are you doing OK back here? Just checking you're not causing any trouble!" All the staff were great.

- Lunch was being served in J, so the bar emptied out. So, I went back to my seat and asked for another Pharoah Moans 2015 (dreadful wine) and order lunch.

- I had the "UK Selection" appetizer , which was basically 4 plates full of very tasty stuff such as scotch eggs, black pudding etc.

- For the main, I had the chicken curry. The less said about that the better. But I had a couple of glasses of Pharoah Moans 2015 (yuk) to take the taste away.

​​​​​​- Landed about 10 minutes late, and had the shortest taxi ever to B27. Slight issue in that there was no upper deck exit, but a quick exit down the front stairs.

- No queues at immigration, so I got my new passport registered for SmartGates. Luggage was a further 10 minutes, and I was at the hotel 45 minutes after touchdown.

All in all, a great flight. Even though it was on a 9 year old A380, and they served that awful Pharoah Moans 2015.

​​​​
Zol, Mitglied, S c 0 TT y and 7 others like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've just arrived at DXB (well, in the pub actually) after a great flight in F.

- CD picked up on time. A bit strange as he seemed to be braking and accelerating constantly. Also ran a red light and nearly got us t-boned. His story of how he gets back to his childhood home in Siberia was great. 4 flights taking 38 hours. Believable until he added the 2.5 days on horseback when he gets there

- Nobody at the F check in. Bag dropped and BP issued in about 30 seconds.

- Security was empty. So, in the lounge less that 30 minutes after pickup.

- Had a nice breakfast in the lounge. Even the MAN EK lounge puts most other lounges to shame. Some are just Bloody Awful,

- Borded, champagne, and pushed back on time. There was then a technical hitch for about 20 minutes before we set off. Short taxy, and in the air about 9:15.

- I wasn't intending drinking from the off... but got persuaded by the FA to have a DP (or it may have been 3)

- My missus had asked me to try and get an amenity kit for her. I asked the purser, and shortly afterwards was presented with a nice bag containing both the male and female versions.

- I then moved onto the wine. I went for a Pharoah Moans 2015. If you've never had this before, please don't bother. It's terrible, honestly, you definitely wouldn't like it. Me and m3red will drink it for you.

- Went to the bar for a bit (it was MAN full) with my Pharoah Moans 2015 (I hated it). Had a chat with a wedding party heading to Phuket, and tried to get the courage to ask Bill Beaumont for a selfie (didn't happen). The FAs from F looked after me and brought me some more Pharoah Moans 2015 (don't bother). I can imagine what would be written on other forums if an FA had asked "Are you doing OK back here? Just checking you're not causing any trouble!" All the staff were great.

- Lunch was being served in J, so the bar emptied out. So, I went back to my seat and asked for another Pharoah Moans 2015 (dreadful wine) and order lunch.

- I had the "UK Selection" appetizer , which was basically 4 plates full of very tasty stuff such as scotch eggs, black pudding etc.

- For the main, I had the chicken curry. The less said about that the better. But I had a couple of glasses of Pharoah Moans 2015 (yuk) to take the taste away.

​​​​​​- Landed about 10 minutes late, and had the shortest taxi ever to B27. Slight issue in that there was no upper deck exit, but a quick exit down the front stairs.

- No queues at immigration, so I got my new passport registered for SmartGates. Luggage was a further 10 minutes, and I was at the hotel 45 minutes after touchdown.

All in all, a great flight. Even though it was on a 9 year old A380, and they served that awful Pharoah Moans 2015.

​​​​
- poor you. I can hear that Pharaoh complain in the background...

Sounds like a good trip!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Bloody Awful, such a moan
DYKWIA, sydtogla and Saltire74 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: EK Gold

​​​​
Hearing how bad this Pharoah Moans 2015 is, i'm interested to know if it will be on my upcoming Syd flight next month. Would love to see how awful it really is.
m3red likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:08 am

Any pictures please? or you can also write up on airliners.net in their trip forum section.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by nmc980
Hearing how bad this Pharoah Moans 2015 is, i'm interested to know if it will be on my upcoming Syd flight next month. Would love to see how awful it really is.
Its awful don't bother.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by m3red
Its awful don't bother.
Totally missed the PharoahMoans 2015 even though they loaded it. Glad I did, because it was terrible and the bottle I should have consumed is now in the F Lounge... Drank a bottle of Opus One 2007 instead. Decanted from just after t/o, of course.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Totally missed the PharoahMoans 2015 even though they loaded it. Glad I did, because it was terrible and the bottle I should have consumed is now in the F Lounge... Drank a bottle of Opus One 2007 instead. Decanted from just after t/o, of course.
They have it in the F lounge? Then I definitely won't be drinking a bottle of it before my flight to MCT on Sunday 😁
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:52 am

They have it in the F lounge? Then I definitely won't be drinking a bottle of it before my flight to MCT on Sunday 😁
Leftovers go to lounges, even J lounges, so if one is lucky one could find some. I'll keep an eye out in 2 weeks
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Leftovers go to lounges, even J lounges, so if one is lucky one could find some. I'll keep an eye out in 2 weeks
It's been on US flights all month, so there should be some kicking around. I'll be at DXB on Sat evening, will report back on location. I won't be able to get into F lounge tho.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Damn, my return flight on EK19 now has first class and 39K points have mysteriously disappeared from my Skywards account.

Looking at the wine menu, they've got that rancid Pharaoh Moans 2015 again Gonna be a terrible flight home.
Mitglied likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Damn, my return flight on EK19 now has first class and 39K points have mysteriously disappeared from my Skywards account.

Looking at the wine menu, they've got that rancid Pharaoh Moans 2015 again Gonna be a terrible flight home.
You're such a moaner...

Enjoy 😀
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:53 am
Original Poster

And it was another excellent flight all round. Great staff and service, and food a bit better than last time.

There was a bit of delay as the ICE wasn't working. The captain announced that it would either be fixed in around 30 minutes, and if that didn't work, they'd need a replacement aircraft! Fortunately, it was fixed. It was then a quite short flight back, so landed only a few minutes late.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:19 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
And it was another excellent flight all round. Great staff and service, and food a bit better than last time.

There was a bit of delay as the ICE wasn't working. The captain announced that it would either be fixed in around 30 minutes, and if that didn't work, they'd need a replacement aircraft! Fortunately, it was fixed. It was then a quite short flight back, so landed only a few minutes late.
And I hope the wine was better than that awful Pharaoh Moans 2015 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.