Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Double Tier Miles Offer - Emirates and Flydubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Tier Miles Offer - Emirates and Flydubai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by pdh
So much inconsistency, quite frustrating

I decided against cancelling my booking to rebook. Too much hassle
Looks like a well meant but very badly executed promotion.

For real FF, it's probably hardly worth the hassle - I certainly won't bother.

Unless you've obviously not booked yet and can therefore bank a few extra Tier Miles, or you're on a Flex Plus Ticket, particularly in Y.

Again, EK not really looking after its revenue pax IMHO.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Unless you've obviously not booked yet and can therefore bank a few extra Tier Miles, or you're on a Flex Plus Ticket, particularly in Y.

I have a Flex+ economy seat to SYD over Christmas I could rebook but I will have already retained gold before my cut off next March and I am never going to reach Plat so I am not sure its worth the hassle.

You could argue that this promotion will have a negative impact on frequent flyers - more silvers in the lounge in DXB, more golds in outstations who wouldn't normally be there...
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Other than revenue pax, who stands to gain from this promotion?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:41 pm

If one registers for the promo and makes a (dummy) res using flydubai app for FZ flight choosing for free to change fare...the doubled tier miles are automatically shown although not described as "doubled" BEFORE ending the booking.As EK gold flying PRG/DXB/PRG = 9000 tier miles....not bad for around 400€ rt
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I'd not believe a thing they say, very inconsistent. I saw the bonus miles on the booking flight summary page, before ticketing, on different itineraries. I've also had EK Twitter tell me a similar promo doesn't apply to TA bookings, yet it did and I got the miles
@skywardhunter, i agree with their inconsistency, finally the double miles show on dummy bookings. 24Hrs after i've registered.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: Skywards
Spoke to EK via the call centre and they confirm its open across all channels i.e. online and offline. Travel agents are thus included.

Was reminded to check their terms and conditions to which I 'politely' told them where to shove it.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Spoke to EK via the call centre and they confirm its open across all channels i.e. online and offline. Travel agents are thus included.

Was reminded to check their terms and conditions to which I 'politely' told them where to shove it.
HAHA !!!! No comments, sincerely ... LOL
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:46 pm

Can anyone suggest any good mileage runs to get the maximum benefit from this offer? Ex UK preferably or from somewhere in South East Asia.

I'm currently looking at 33,000 Tier miles for £1,200 GBP in Feb/March (in Y) and as my Gold status year end is January I'd almost get it back straight away.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Can anyone suggest any good mileage runs to get the maximum benefit from this offer? Ex UK preferably or from somewhere in South East Asia.

I'm currently looking at 33,000 Tier miles for £1,200 GBP in Feb/March (in Y) and as my Gold status year end is January I'd almost get it back straight away.
BOM is a cheap destination, BKK or possible one of the codeshare destinations in Thailand involving a Bangkok Airways flight? KUL could be decent price, CMB, perhaps.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:41 pm

Dubai to sydney will net you 20,000 points for around 10,000 AED if my math is correct

Last edited by Ashok Khanna; Nov 30, 2018 at 10:47 pm
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Ashok Khanna
Dubai to sydney will net you 20,000 points for around 10,000 AED if my math is correct
That's extremely expensive. 4000 AED CPT-BOM-FRA-CPT Y Flex will net 18k (under this offer)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:43 am

That's extremely expensive. 4000 AED CPT-BOM-FRA-CPT Y Flex will net 18k (under this offer)
Nice - will see if i can pull it off...unfortunately prices seem to be well higher when flying out of dubai
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:09 am

How can you route BOM - CPT via FRA on EK ?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
How can you route BOM - CPT via FRA on EK ?
CPT-DXB-BOM-DXB-FRA-DXB-CPT

The actual routing priced was CPT-DXB-HYD / BOM-DXB-MUC / HAM-DXB-CPT
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Wouldn't the OP need an Indian Visa for that (unless the OP is of Indian origin /has OCI etc )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.