Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Amex UK 10% discount offer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Using Amex UK 10% discount offer

Has anyone managed to get the Amex UK 10% discount offer to work? I received it via email this afternoon and the terms seem pretty flexible (includes Business flex bookings among others) but when I try to enter the code on the Advanced Search page it rejects it. My dates are in the offer range and I am starting from the UK, as required.

There doesnt seem to be anywhere else to enter the promo code other than that page.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:04 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Is it a targeted/unique code, or generic? I know with the MBNA codes, you had to enter one generic code to open up another box to enter the unique code.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Looks pretty generic. Here are the rules and the code:

Terms and Conditions
  • Offer not combinable with other offers.
  • This promotion is intended for UK Cardmembers only.
  • The offer is applicable to online bookings only at emirates.com/ukusing the promotional code ‘UKAMEX8’ at the time of booking.
  • Fulfilment of this offer is the sole responsibility of Emirates.
  • Must use Promo code in order to redeem the offer.
  • Promo code can only be used once per American Express Cardmember.
  • This offer is only valid for bookings made from 1 November until 31 December 2018.
  • This offer is only valid for departures from 1 November until 14 December 2018, from 5 January until 12 April 2019 and from 23 April until 30 June 2019.
  • This offer is valid for the purchase of Business Class and Economy Class return tickets originating from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Glasgow to all Emirates-operated destinations.
  • The offer is applicable to online bookings only using the promotional code ‘UKAMEX8’ at the time of booking.
  • The offer is applicable to adult, child and infant fares.
  • Any bookings made that do not use ‘UKAMEX8’ at the time of booking do not qualify for the offer.
  • The offer applies to ‘Saver’, ‘Flex’ and ‘Flex Plus’ fares. ‘Special’ fares are excluded.
  • 10% off applies to airfare only. Fuel surcharge and third-party taxes are excluded.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:32 am

Well, all I can say is that it doesn't work for me either. Pretty poor.
Bossarb likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: EK - Silver
i wonder if this is why the sudden increase in fares, expecially for UK to Asia. almost a 25% increase! So a saving isn't great compared to fares 6 months ago...... but still a saving i guess...

Last edited by Matt.Edwards; Nov 14, 2018 at 6:40 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:58 am

I think it only works for the Amex account holders, ie if you have a Lloyds Bank Amex card it will not work
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by doug7363
I think it only works for the Amex account holders, ie if you have a Lloyds Bank Amex card it will not work
You don't even get as far as entering payment details.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:15 am

tried to remove long string

Last edited by Matt.Edwards; Nov 23, 2018 at 5:16 am Reason: tried to remove
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:17 am

Appears to be working, enter the code on the 1st page, bottom left

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.