Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class sale

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
I have found London-Perth via Jakarta with Garuda in Business Class for 2`000 Euros.

Check this, german only, but I believe you can understand....:-)

Garuda Indonesia Business Class Angebote Asien ab 1.200 Euro Australien ab 2.000 Euro - Frankfurtflyer.de
Yes, but it looks like a recliner seat on 737 ex-Jakarta and an angled flat seat ex-Bali (DPS). With Emirates or Singapore Airlines you'd get lie-flats.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:35 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
Yes, but it looks like a recliner seat on 737 ex-Jakarta and an angled flat seat ex-Bali (DPS). With Emirates or Singapore Airlines you'd get lie-flats.
If GA are using the A330 on the DPS-PER route then the seats are not that angled and by all accounts, the service is excellent.

S
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
Originally Posted by Saltire74

If GA are using the A330 on the DPS-PER route then the seats are not that angled and by all accounts, the service is excellent.

S
Before we get too carried away, who's talking about DPS? The route is LHR-CGK-PER, no stop in DPS.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:33 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Will08
If EK are your number one choice you could always look at a number of places such as Thailand, Singapore, even bali I suppose. I have travelled to all of these in J return for less than 2k. Then book the rest of your journey with a different airline. (Not sure if EK only do the east coast from some of these locations).

If you chose Singapore you could break up your journey with a night at the Marina Bay Sands in a club room and still have change from the price of going direct.
Bali mentioned by ​​​​​​​Willo8 and the routing not inconceivable. MAN-DXB-DPS on EK then separate routing DPS-PER on GA.

​​​​​​​S
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:46 pm

Hello,
For the first class with Emirates, do not choose the places where there is a yellow yoke next, they are the ones that are next to the toilet or the kitchen and you will then have a steady stream of people who will pass next to you
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:02 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by thomassamsi
Hello,
For the first class with Emirates, do not choose the places where there is a yellow yoke next, they are the ones that are next to the toilet or the kitchen and you will then have a steady stream of people who will pass next to you
In first? I have never sat next to a toilet in F. And have not had a 'steady stream of passengers' passing me either... Row 4 is sort of close to the F galley on the A380 (and therefore 'less favoured').
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by thijsseh
In first? I have never sat next to a toilet in F. And have not had a 'steady stream of passengers' passing me either... Row 4 is sort of close to the F galley on the A380 (and therefore 'less favoured').
Neither have I!

Agree Re 4 A/K on A380.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:57 am

lol garuda ... banned from flying EU for years and whilst vastly improved since government intervention, it's definitely no comparison to an emirates or other tier one airline.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by phat-dave
lol garuda ... banned from flying EU for years and whilst vastly improved since government intervention, it's definitely no comparison to an emirates or other tier one airline.
By many accounts it's superior to EK.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by phat-dave
Their F is probably close to on par with EK and their ground experience reportedly far superior (in F)
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
By many accounts it's superior to EK.
Yeah - I've heard that as well. Supposed to be great.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
There is a great fare on SQ out of oslo for 2170 and 1760 on etihad from stockholm. personally i rather save 2600 quid and fly on other airlines which i feel a far superior or on par with emirates. I could care less for chauffeur and lounge its the seats, dine on demand and entertainment that matter!!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Or Qatar maybe,......always sales
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by thomassamsi
Hello,
Do you talk by experience ? On what type ?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by tgj1974
Or Qatar maybe,......always sales
And Qatar flies the A380 to Perth too, which is an excellent product.
Depends on the dates they'd want to travel, but it could save them close to a grand with only 1 stopover just like Emirates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.