Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Two Person Ticket, Cancel One Person Only

Old Oct 30, 18, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Platinum, Qatar Privilege Club Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Hi Everyone,

Originally myself and a friend were flying together, I booked us on the same ticket. Now my friend canít travel, anyone know if EK allow me to cancel only my friends portion of the ticket and keep mine? Will there be a reprice?

Iíll call them of course but your experiences here would be interesting to know beforehand.
Old Oct 30, 18, 2:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yep, not a problem at all. They'll probably have to split the PNR and then you'd have to fill in an online form for a refund.

No reprice.
Old Oct 30, 18, 3:33 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
You are actually on separate tickets, just the same PNR, so the tickets can be split easily.
Often1 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 18, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no such thing as a two-person ticket. You are definitely on two tickets, possibly under one PNR.

If your friend cancels or no shows, his ticket will be dealt with under its fare rules. Your will remain intact. The only exceptions to this are odd coupons where someone is sold a second ticket at a deeply discounted price. That is generally a credit card offer and handled through the CC and doesn't appear to be your situation at all.
Old Oct 31, 18, 12:55 am

Thats nice to know, i was wondering if same PNR but later if split, how do they calculate the cost. If 2 different tickets on same PNR< then its easy. Good to know.
Old Oct 31, 18, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by elite13 View Post
Thats nice to know, i was wondering if same PNR but later if split, how do they calculate the cost. If 2 different tickets on same PNR< then its easy. Good to know.
Cost is always per person. If you cancel both tickets, whether on same PNR or separate then there are two cancellation fees. Generally exactly half of what you paid is the fare per pax

Search this Thread
Search Engine: