Search

Missing Your World Reward Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold / SPG Platinum Elite
Missing Your World Reward Points

Hi all

Since the new Marriott/Starwood site went live, I have not been credited with any Skywards Miles for my stays. Anyone had a similar experience or can confirm where a missing miles claim should be submitted. IS it via Marriott or Emirates?

Cheers
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

From Your World Rewards :-

Whom do I contact if I have not received points for an Eligible Flight or Skywards Miles for a Stay at a Marriott Loyalty Programme Participating Property?

If you are registered for Your World Rewards and meet the eligible criteria to earn points and/or Skywards Miles for your Eligible Flight or Stay: (1) if you are missing Skywards Miles for a Stay at a Marriott Loyalty Programme Participating Property, contact the Member Support; (2) if you are missing points for an Eligible Flight, fill in the ‘Contact us’ form on emirates.com.

So, it looks like you contact Marriott Member Support... good luck with that
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
FWIW, I'm still getting mine...
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:55 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
I haven't received anything since 1 August on both Skywards and SPG/MR statement.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zol
I haven't received anything since 1 August on both Skywards and SPG/MR statement.
WOW, have you tried to chase them down already or are you planning to?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:07 am
Zol

Yes I got in touch with both EK and Marriott today, let's see what comes out of it. Expecting the "pass the bucket" response. Thanks for the reminder
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:32 pm
Zol

All the points just posted into the Starwood/MR account but the EK ones have not
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I’m getting SPG points still for EK flights, but EK miles for SPG stays stopped on 18 Aug. I’ve merged my SPG accounts and everything else seems to be working. But no Skywards miles for stays. I raised the topic with SPG and Marriott, they said ‘they’ll do research’ but nothing yet. They said it takes 6 weeks for the stay to post to EK, but that’s ridiculous, because it used to take only a few days.... last communication was already 1 week ago and no response. So I’ll try again .
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
I’m getting SPG points still for EK flights, but EK miles for SPG stays stopped on 18 Aug. I’ve merged my SPG accounts and everything else seems to be working. But no Skywards miles for stays. I raised the topic with SPG and Marriott, they said ‘they’ll do research’ but nothing yet. They said it takes 6 weeks for the stay to post to EK, but that’s ridiculous, because it used to take only a few days.... last communication was already 1 week ago and no response. So I’ll try again .
Marriott IT is in shambles, they must have hired the cheapest contractor they could find.

I have a different case dealing with missing nights and the advice of the agent on my 5th call to follow up is "escalate to a supervisor as soon as you connect to an agent." I haven't tried yet but that might help.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Interesting. On my SPG account I am seeing credits titled 'Emirates dual currency points' which I assume is for EK flights based on approx flight dates/activity. Can anyone confirm this is correct?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by dubaibaby
Interesting. On my SPG account I am seeing credits titled 'Emirates dual currency points' which I assume is for EK flights based on approx flight dates/activity. Can anyone confirm this is correct?
Yep, those seem to be coming in just fine right now. They started rolling in when I retro-credited my last few flights and went from Blue to Gold. I haven't stayed at Marriott since becoming EK Gold so I don't have personal experience with EK miles not crediting but it appears they are not from other's experience. Might be interesting to check other forums to see if China Eastern or Delta miles are crediting.

OT... I plan to fly my next Delta flight wearing a "Fly Emirates" Real Madrid jersey to troll DL...
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:09 am

The ‘Emirates Dual Currency Points’ in your SPG statement are the points coming into SPG for your EK flights. Looks like it’s 3 points per USD of the fare (not including tax). It could be 4 points per USD though, hard to work out as they don’t specify the flight route anymore in the SPG credit.

‘Emirates Mile For Stay-em Plat’ in your SPG statement are the points generated for your stay to go out to EK and then next to it you have the exact same amount of points but negative value and called ‘Points To Airline Miles Transfer Award’ and that is definitely divided by 3 and should show up in your EK account as miles.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Marriott IT is in shambles, they must have hired the cheapest contractor they could find.
Thats for sure. What a mess.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:29 am
Original Poster

The ‘Emirates Dual Currency Points’ in your SPG statement are the points coming into SPG for your EK flights. Looks like it’s 3 points per USD of the fare (not including tax). It could be 4 points per USD though, hard to work out as they don’t specify the flight route anymore in the SPG credit.

‘Emirates Mile For Stay-em Plat’ in your SPG statement are the points generated for your stay to go out to EK and then next to it you have the exact same amount of points but negative value and called ‘Points To Airline Miles Transfer Award’ and that is definitely divided by 3 and should show up in your EK account as miles.
Very helpful thanks! Unfortunately nothing has been added to EK miles from SPG since 12 August in my case
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by dubaibaby
Very helpful thanks! Unfortunately nothing has been added to EK miles from SPG since 12 August in my case
Same for me..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.