Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Skywards blind auctions - for sports events

Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Hello

Can someone please explain to me how the skywards blind auctions work? I would like to use some of my miles to, eg. go and watch PSG v Liverpool. If I bid, when will i know whether I have won? I can't find anything on the site that tells me! Clearly finding out a day or two before makes logistics rather challenging....?

thanks very much in advance.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:22 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
The auction closes a month prior to the event, so you should be notified within a few days of that.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Any recent experiences of the Skywards blind auctions? How long before the auction results are communicated?

(I bid a not insignificant number of miles (for me at least) for Rubgy world cup tickets so obviously keen to know asap whether I should be locking in flights and accommodation)
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
No word after more than a week.

Assume this means my bid was not successful?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Zol
The auction closes a month prior to the event, so you should be notified within a few days of that.
Originally Posted by Dambus
No word after more than a week.

Assume this means my bid was not successful?
Assuming what Zol has mentioned above is still correct, then no...
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Assuming what Zol has mentioned above is still correct, then no...
World Cup doesn't start until 20th September. Plenty of time.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ft101
World Cup doesn't start until 20th September. Plenty of time.
Indeed, that's what I meant...

"Was I unsuccessful?"

"No"
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:29 pm

Well, the auction closed on June 16th - why would they wait to confirm the winners?

I have spoken a couple of times with Skywards and had inconsistent responses (wait a few more days vs if you haven’t heard anything then you probably have not won) but nothing that gives me certainty either way.

Would hate to use the miles I bid for other purposes and then find out in a month that I won but no longer have enough miles to honor my bid!

Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:57 pm

Just to close out my own question above.

The auction results came through in the third week of July, just over a month after the auction closed.

The general Skywards team does not seem up to speed on timelines so best to wait for a definitive e-mail from the Skywards Events team.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.