Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Economy Seating

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Economy Seating

MCO/DXB/BKK. Believe this is always a B777-300ER out of MCO and sometimes an A380 out of DXB. Seriously, how decent is the economy seating? Enough legroom and somewhat comfortable? Thinking of taking them as I am near to MCO and it's a 1 stop flight.

Also, has anyone booked one of the long layovers where you have up to 14 hours between flights? Since they transfer your bags anyway thinking about spending that layover time at the Dubai International Airport Hotel. Kind of breaks up the bone crushing long leg flights for we mega senior citizens.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
They're average compared to other international full service airlines, you could pay extra for extra legroom seats or for the twin seats at the reading just two of you. The layover in DXB can be nice and you could also make it a few days and visit the city, for 14 hours EK might short check the bag if asked
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by floridastorm
MCO/DXB/BKK. Believe this is always a B777-300ER out of MCO and sometimes an A380 out of DXB. Seriously, how decent is the economy seating? Enough legroom and somewhat comfortable? Thinking of taking them as I am near to MCO and it's a 1 stop flight.

Also, has anyone booked one of the long layovers where you have up to 14 hours between flights? Since they transfer your bags anyway thinking about spending that layover time at the Dubai International Airport Hotel. Kind of breaks up the bone crushing long leg flights for we mega senior citizens.
I'm big, and I find the seats fine... it's 10 across, bit the pitch is quite good. The IFE is as good as it gets, so that helps.

For 14 hours, I wouldn't use the airport hotel. Get out of the airport for a while and get a hotel in town. It will be a lot cheaper, and you get to see some good sights and have some decent food.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm big, and I find the seats fine... it's 10 across, bit the pitch is quite good. The IFE is as good as it gets, so that helps.

For 14 hours, I wouldn't use the airport hotel. Get out of the airport for a while and get a hotel in town. It will be a lot cheaper, and you get to see some good sights and have some decent food.
Thanks. However, I don't do well on long flights. So, resting and sleeping is my main concern between flights. I also worked and lived in the Middle East for many years and have seen enough of it. Don't know what age you are. But I'm 78 and don't have the energy I had at 35.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
They're average compared to other international full service airlines, you could pay extra for extra legroom seats or for the twin seats at the reading just two of you. The layover in DXB can be nice and you could also make it a few days and visit the city, for 14 hours EK might short check the bag if asked
Can you advise what "short check" means? Doesn't Emirates transfer the bags to your ongoing flight not matter the amount of time in between? They are showing the flight as direct with a change of planes between.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Can you advise what "short check" means? Doesn't Emirates transfer the bags to your ongoing flight not matter the amount of time in between? They are showing the flight as direct with a change of planes between.
By default they do but you can ask them not to as you'll need the bags in DXB in which case they'll let you collect them there
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
By default they do but you can ask them not to as you'll need the bags in DXB in which case they'll let you collect them there
Would just take a change of clothes in a carry on. Our 4 bags will be filled to overflowing with my wife bringing stuff to her sisters and don't even want to try and move them until Suvarnabhumi baggage claim.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:49 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Thanks. However, I don't do well on long flights. So, resting and sleeping is my main concern between flights. I also worked and lived in the Middle East for many years and have seen enough of it. Don't know what age you are. But I'm 78 and don't have the energy I had at 35.
Yes - in that case, the airport hotel is the easiest place. It's quite pricey though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.