FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   What happened to discount J fares to S. Asia? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1933630-what-happened-discount-j-fares-s-asia.html)

felixmendelssohn Oct 2, 2018 9:50 pm

What happened to discount J fares to S. Asia?

Hello,
I'm not sure if I missed the memo, but I don't see any discount J fares (e.g. SFO-DXB-HYD, -DEL, -CCU, etc.) anywhere in the future. I've been checking the booking tool--has anyone else noticed this? I'm used to buying a J fare for around USD4000, but prices now are around double that. Is this because EK is discontinuing these fares to improve revenue?

thijsseh Oct 2, 2018 10:29 pm

These would be ‘O’ bucket fares (Saver). I also note no such availability ex UK to South Africa although there is availability in the other direction. They still do ‘exist’, but on certain routes EK clearly believe they can sell the seats at the higher fares. No way of predicting if / when J Saver they will come back on any given route.

m3red Oct 3, 2018 4:45 am

I've been looking at MAN DXB returns saver was coming in at 5.7k now saver has gone it was 6.1k for flex out saver back, now the saver has gone up and its 6.4kGBP.

I'll hold for now...

XXTSGR Oct 3, 2018 5:31 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 30273547)
I've been looking at MAN DXB returns saver was coming in at 5.7k now saver has gone it was 6.1k for flex out saver back, now the saver has gone up and its 6.4kGBP.

I'll hold for now...

What 😮 - that's a bit much...

Could always fly BA or LH... 😂

skywardhunter Oct 3, 2018 5:34 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR (Post 30273651)

What 😮 - that's a bit much...

Could always fly BA or LH... 😂

He's quoting prices for multiple pax, not per person...

daisymay2 Oct 3, 2018 6:30 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 30273547)

I'll hold for now...

Wonder what MAN-MRU is? I dont want to look!

XXTSGR Oct 3, 2018 6:56 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 30273659)
He's quoting prices for multiple pax, not per person...

Ah, yes, forgot this might be for 2++

m3red Oct 3, 2018 7:31 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR (Post 30273867)

Ah, yes, forgot this might be for 2++

2 plus lap infant

skywardhunter Oct 3, 2018 7:33 am

Originally Posted by daisymay2 (Post 30273793)
Wonder what MAN-MRU is? I dont want to look!

Around 3k GBP random dates next march in J

Metanoia Oct 3, 2018 10:53 am

Originally Posted by felixmendelssohn (Post 30272711)
Hello,
I'm not sure if I missed the memo, but I don't see any discount J fares (e.g. SFO-DXB-HYD, -DEL, -CCU, etc.) anywhere in the future. I've been checking the booking tool--has anyone else noticed this? I'm used to buying a J fare for around USD4000, but prices now are around double that. Is this because EK is discontinuing these fares to improve revenue?

It comes and goes on what seems like a weekly basis. I haven't discerned a pattern yet but I have never NOT gotten a J Saver if I was willing to compromise on the day of the week I travel, booking window is 3-6 weeks out. SFO-DXB and v/v never has Saver availability on Fri/Sat/Sun, and DXB-HYD has little/no Saver availability for the popular 9pm flight in to HYD and 4am flight out on those days as well.

felixmendelssohn Oct 3, 2018 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia (Post 30274685)
It comes and goes on what seems like a weekly basis. I haven't discerned a pattern yet but I have never NOT gotten a J Saver if I was willing to compromise on the day of the week I travel, booking window is 3-6 weeks out. SFO-DXB and v/v never has Saver availability on Fri/Sat/Sun, and DXB-HYD has little/no Saver availability for the popular 9pm flight in to HYD and 4am flight out on those days as well.

I certainly hope you're right! :) Until recently (a couple months ago), I was regularly booking Saver fares that had a SFO-DXB (or DXB-SFO) leg on the weekend. In fact, it seemed like weekends was the only time I could get those fares. I've been booking these for the last few years.

I checked recently for Saver fares and I don't see any at all, on any day-of-week combination, for 3-6 weeks out, or even 3-6 months out. I'm hoping this all suddenly changes, and I'm just in a bad dream.

Metanoia Oct 3, 2018 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by felixmendelssohn (Post 30276340)
I certainly hope you're right! :) Until recently (a couple months ago), I was regularly booking Saver fares that had a SFO-DXB (or DXB-SFO) leg on the weekend. In fact, it seemed like weekends was the only time I could get those fares. I've been booking these for the last few years.

I checked recently for Saver fares and I don't see any at all, on any day-of-week combination, for 3-6 weeks out, or even 3-6 months out. I'm hoping this all suddenly changes, and I'm just in a bad dream.

I haven't flown since May so your info is probably most current... I did look in mid-Aug for this first week of Oct and it was 4100 LAX-DXB-HYD in Saver but it was gone pretty quickly.

daisymay2 Oct 4, 2018 5:43 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 30273964)
Around 3k GBP random dates next march in J

Close enough - current sale offer (LOL) is £3169 pp.
Thanks!

Will08 Oct 4, 2018 10:15 am

I was lucky enough to pick up a J ticket to Thailand back in March/April time, think it was around 1300 quid, turned out to be a typo on Flight centres website. Best part of it, the ticket turned out to be a J flex as well...!

Tunis to Bahrain is the cheapest J I have found recently at 800 quid return.

ElJudioErrante Oct 4, 2018 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Will08 (Post 30278493)
I was lucky enough to pick up a J ticket to Thailand back in March/April time, think it was around 1300 quid, turned out to be a typo on Flight centres website. Best part of it, the ticket turned out to be a J flex as well...!

Tunis to Bahrain is the cheapest J I have found recently at 800 quid return.

1300 quid was from UK or from TUN ?