Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

What happened to discount J fares to S. Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold

Hello,
I'm not sure if I missed the memo, but I don't see any discount J fares (e.g. SFO-DXB-HYD, -DEL, -CCU, etc.) anywhere in the future. I've been checking the booking tool--has anyone else noticed this? I'm used to buying a J fare for around USD4000, but prices now are around double that. Is this because EK is discontinuing these fares to improve revenue?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:29 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
These would be ‘O’ bucket fares (Saver). I also note no such availability ex UK to South Africa although there is availability in the other direction. They still do ‘exist’, but on certain routes EK clearly believe they can sell the seats at the higher fares. No way of predicting if / when J Saver they will come back on any given route.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I've been looking at MAN DXB returns saver was coming in at 5.7k now saver has gone it was 6.1k for flex out saver back, now the saver has gone up and its 6.4kGBP.

I'll hold for now...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by m3red
I've been looking at MAN DXB returns saver was coming in at 5.7k now saver has gone it was 6.1k for flex out saver back, now the saver has gone up and its 6.4kGBP.

I'll hold for now...
What 😮 - that's a bit much...

Could always fly BA or LH... 😂
larzy1977 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

What 😮 - that's a bit much...

Could always fly BA or LH... 😂
He's quoting prices for multiple pax, not per person...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by m3red

I'll hold for now...
Wonder what MAN-MRU is? I dont want to look!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
He's quoting prices for multiple pax, not per person...
Ah, yes, forgot this might be for 2++
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Ah, yes, forgot this might be for 2++
2 plus lap infant
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Wonder what MAN-MRU is? I dont want to look!
Around 3k GBP random dates next march in J
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by felixmendelssohn
Hello,
I'm not sure if I missed the memo, but I don't see any discount J fares (e.g. SFO-DXB-HYD, -DEL, -CCU, etc.) anywhere in the future. I've been checking the booking tool--has anyone else noticed this? I'm used to buying a J fare for around USD4000, but prices now are around double that. Is this because EK is discontinuing these fares to improve revenue?
It comes and goes on what seems like a weekly basis. I haven't discerned a pattern yet but I have never NOT gotten a J Saver if I was willing to compromise on the day of the week I travel, booking window is 3-6 weeks out. SFO-DXB and v/v never has Saver availability on Fri/Sat/Sun, and DXB-HYD has little/no Saver availability for the popular 9pm flight in to HYD and 4am flight out on those days as well.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
It comes and goes on what seems like a weekly basis. I haven't discerned a pattern yet but I have never NOT gotten a J Saver if I was willing to compromise on the day of the week I travel, booking window is 3-6 weeks out. SFO-DXB and v/v never has Saver availability on Fri/Sat/Sun, and DXB-HYD has little/no Saver availability for the popular 9pm flight in to HYD and 4am flight out on those days as well.
I certainly hope you're right! Until recently (a couple months ago), I was regularly booking Saver fares that had a SFO-DXB (or DXB-SFO) leg on the weekend. In fact, it seemed like weekends was the only time I could get those fares. I've been booking these for the last few years.

I checked recently for Saver fares and I don't see any at all, on any day-of-week combination, for 3-6 weeks out, or even 3-6 months out. I'm hoping this all suddenly changes, and I'm just in a bad dream.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by felixmendelssohn
I certainly hope you're right! Until recently (a couple months ago), I was regularly booking Saver fares that had a SFO-DXB (or DXB-SFO) leg on the weekend. In fact, it seemed like weekends was the only time I could get those fares. I've been booking these for the last few years.

I checked recently for Saver fares and I don't see any at all, on any day-of-week combination, for 3-6 weeks out, or even 3-6 months out. I'm hoping this all suddenly changes, and I'm just in a bad dream.
I haven't flown since May so your info is probably most current... I did look in mid-Aug for this first week of Oct and it was 4100 LAX-DXB-HYD in Saver but it was gone pretty quickly.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Around 3k GBP random dates next march in J
Close enough - current sale offer (LOL) is Ł3169 pp.
Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I was lucky enough to pick up a J ticket to Thailand back in March/April time, think it was around 1300 quid, turned out to be a typo on Flight centres website. Best part of it, the ticket turned out to be a J flex as well...!

Tunis to Bahrain is the cheapest J I have found recently at 800 quid return.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
I was lucky enough to pick up a J ticket to Thailand back in March/April time, think it was around 1300 quid, turned out to be a typo on Flight centres website. Best part of it, the ticket turned out to be a J flex as well...!

Tunis to Bahrain is the cheapest J I have found recently at 800 quid return.
1300 quid was from UK or from TUN ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.