Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates have changed flight time by 24 hrs [AKL-DPS]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates

Flying AKL to Bali next April and they’ve adjusted their schedule, moving us out by 24 hrs. Annoying as we are meeting family from Australia and we have non refundable hotel bookings. We aren’t not going to go but it triggers a pile of problems not least of which are work and associated costs. I’m guessing Emirates can do what they like but anyone have any suggestions. Inconvenience miles that I could use to upgrade to first maybe?

Last edited by Saltire74; Oct 3, 2018 at 4:05 am Reason: Clarification of route
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
What does your travel insurance say?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

good question. Looking into that. probably some excess or something that makes it not worth bothering... Mind you we are staying top end so maybe?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:06 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Have they cancelled a flight and rebooked you on another (even if the original flight doesn't exist anymore) or is it a reschedule of the entire original flight? There are different rules for that.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:34 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Emirates cuts back flights to Bali from Auckland

Emirates says it will cut back flights to Bali, just four months after it started daily services to the holiday hotspot and beyond.

In a note to the travel industry, the airline says it will cut back to four-times-a-week services from January 21.

It also says that because of operational reasons it is cancelling six return flights in November and December this year.

''The decision has been made after a recent review of our operations, which was undertaken to ensure the optimal commercial utilisation of our aircraft fleet.''
NZ Herald
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Have they cancelled a flight and rebooked you on another (even if the original flight doesn't exist anymore) or is it a reschedule of the entire original flight? There are different rules for that.
they have rebooked us on a flight 24 hours later, so what does that mean in context to your question? I would say it is cancelled as per the press release WLG Base posted above. Not sure what I need to ask of my insurer?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
You need to call EK in the first instance and ask a)why you have been rebooked and b)what compensation they will offer for the disruption. Do that before going to your insurer to se if you can avoid excess charges.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Susiew237
They have rebooked us on a flight 24 hours later, so what does that mean in context to your question? I would say it is cancelled as per the press release WLG Base posted above.
You could ask for a flight 24 hours earlier if that is better for you.
April is some time away, so it may change again.
Or they may(will?) fully refund is asked.

EK giving you enough ff miles that could be used to upgrade to first is unlikely.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Possibly we could go a day earlier so that we could be there before family. (assuming EK are flying the day before, their website made me want to poke my eyes out yesterday so I dont know) Not ideal though. Whilst we could get a full refund we would have to book with another airline and take multiple flights to get there probably and the cost would no doubt be much higher in business with say Singapore Airlines. I hate reading insurance policies.... looking at this I can claim back for the non refundable accommodation less $100 excess. Although I think Emirates should pay that. uggh it is all so annoying.

Cancellation and Curtailment ExpensesIf during the Period of Insurance and whilst the person is a Covered Person and on aJourney, the Covered Person necessarily incurs reasonable un-budgeted additional or forfeited Travel or Accommodation Expenses and/or out-of-pocket expenses due to:; or d) any other unforeseen circumstance outside the control of the Policyholder orthe Covered Person, not otherwise excluded under the Policy,We will reimburse the Policyholder or the Covered Person the lesser of:a) the non-refundable unused portion of their forfeited Travel orAccommodation Expenses paid in advance, including travel agentscancellation fee; orb) any necessarily incurred reasonable additional Travel or AccommodationExpenses and/or out-of-pocket expenses up to the amount shown on theSchedule against Section 6, Cancellation and Curtailment.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Susiew237
I hate reading insurance policies.... looking at this I can claim back for the non refundable accommodation less $100 excess. Although I think Emirates should pay that. uggh it is all so annoying.
With the change notified by EK ~6 months out I would see little hope of EK paying any consequential losses or compensation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.