Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment Swaps

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
When an aircraft is swamped it is never a good thing.

I can't speak to aircraft specifics on EK, but no, you have no options. A specific airframe or type is never guaranteed, just your class of travel.
OMG ... I meant swapped. Damn auto correct
thijsseh likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:34 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by flybie
All, my Emirate flight from Sydney to DXB aircraft got swamped from A380 to the B777-300ER. Now I am disappointed as I wanted to check out the bar and the shower. Any good thing about the B777-300ER?

1) Can I get my miles back because of air craft change?
2) Will they likely swap again?
3). What are my other options?
1. No
2. Yes
3. EK 415 or EK413

The equipment swaps are likely to affect this route until at least mid 2019 at this point. There are still 2 daily A388s running on the above flights, but you will have to pay change fees and fare differences.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I understand it's a pain, but just be thankful that EK has no start-haul aircraft. There are many stories here of people expecting a lie-flat seat, only to get a European short-haul seta with a blocked middle.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:12 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I understand it's a pain, but just be thankful that EK has no start-haul aircraft. There are many stories here of people expecting a lie-flat seat, only to get a European short-haul seta with a blocked middle.

This isn't the BA forum...
thijsseh, m3red and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

I know....I wanted to give some perspective!
DYKWIA, nancypants and sydtogla like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

I know....I wanted to give some perspective!
DYKWIA, thijsseh and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:06 am

. .. start-haul aircraft.
Originally Posted by flybie
Damn auto correct
Touche.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: NA
EK384/5 equipment swap

It will be using 77W instead of 388 till 31/3/2019. Why?

Definitely won't do it even for econ class, esp for HKG<>BKK which has too many other 5th freedom options.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by A330343X

Definitely won't do it even for econ class, esp for HKG<>BKK which has too many other 5th freedom options.
Anybody else flying A380 on this route? It is precisely that there are so many options that the market is saturated and cannot support the worlds largest airplane even if your last flight was full, its too low yield.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by A330343X
I'm on it in around 5 weeks time and Manage A Booking and the seatmap still show A380. Is this a change you've just noticed that may not have filtered through to my flight yet, or is it perhaps only selected dates?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:58 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ft101
I'm on it in around 5 weeks time and Manage A Booking and the seatmap still show A380. Is this a change you've just noticed that may not have filtered through to my flight yet, or is it perhaps only selected dates?
What flight number are you on?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla
What flight number are you on?
EK385 from BKK-DXB
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by aeropix
Anybody else flying A380 on this route? It is precisely that there are so many options that the market is saturated and cannot support the worlds largest airplane even if your last flight was full, its too low yield.
BKK-HKG is just a tag-on to ensure the plane doesn't sit on the ground at BKK for 12 hours (as an ex-BKK departure at say 1400/1500 doesn't have too many popular onward connection options, which would otherwise have been cannibalised by EK377 which departs BKK at 1600): aircraft deployment for the route is based more on the DXB-BKK load rather than any demand BKK-HKG (which of course suffers from all the reasons you mention).

The lack of 380 gates at BKK might also be a factor as to why EK have decided to up 777 frequencies to BKK, especially with the seasonal addition of EK7210 - too many bus gate complaints (or perhaps, fees...!)
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:24 am

Many thanks to this forum. Travelling BKK to Dubai on 14 Feb and just checked manage booking. Flight changed to 777 and seats changed from 9EF. Not only to 3 seaters in the middle but my wife sitting in the row behind. When I tried to change seats there was no availability showing for 2 seaters. Telephoned Emirates and after first being told all the 2 seaters were booked and expressing my feelings 2A and 2B suddenly became unbooked.
I fully understand that there can be equipment changes, necessitating seat changes. But I would have at least exprcted to receive an email notification. How many customers having book months in advance suddenly find out at the airport that not only are they flying on a different aircraft but are separated from their companions. I used to have an app that told me of any flight changes. Unfortunately it was forced to stop.
Thanks again to everyone on this forum for keeping us up to date on all matters Emirates.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Downgraded from F to J because of equipment swap. Only offered a ticket refund or another flight, neither of which works for me. Any other options/compensation ever offered. Not very happy about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.