Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment Swaps

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
It is a stupid power thing.
Not necessarily. Some friends and colleagues who fly EK in F frequently still prefer to be in row 1 on the A380. They say it’s the sense of privacy of being in the first row of the cabin without seeing anyone at the back. I don’t agree but respect their preference... They couldn’t care less about the missing window or curvature of the fuselage. They smile at the obsession that some of us have about seats and planes (and probably rightly so...). Nothing to do with ego or power.

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
(obviously they don't know of the issues with the seat)
(no, they do, they just don’t care)
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:00 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by flying_pig

Not necessarily. Some friends and colleagues who fly EK in F frequently still prefer to be in row 1 on the A380. They say it’s the sense of privacy of being in the first row of the cabin without seeing anyone at the back. I don’t agree but respect their preference... They couldn’t care less about the missing window or curvature of the fuselage. They smile at the obsession that some of us have about seats and planes (and probably rightly so...). Nothing to do with ego or power.
Eh? All F seats have closing doors, so they don't have to see anyone if they don't want. They would still see people going to the loo at the front.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:29 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We prefer 1A and 2A when travelling. I know about the fuselage and less window but as above there’s less visibility of other guests except when they use the bathroom or shower. I always prefer the furtherst forward facing seat for this reason.

Hilarious that others can say we’ve never flown F or these birds before when I’ve probably flown more F products than some posters above.

To being the thread back on topic, we changed to the 414 and were advised EK was waiving all change fees.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Eh? All F seats have closing doors, so they don't have to see anyone if they don't want. They would still see people going to the loo at the front.
I agree. The first row will have more people passing past to go to the toilets . On an empty flight row 1 probably might be okay but if in a full F cabin you have 7 other passengers passing past all the time+ crew, It can get a bit annoying.
Also you can get a few passengers who like to stretch their legs/ have loud conversations in the F 'bar' area instead of going to the rear J bar .

Row 2 or 3 provides a good balance between passenger traffic and noise from the galley IMHO
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:42 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
On all my flights, I’ve never seen anyone use the F bar...
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
On all my flights, I’ve never seen anyone use the F bar...
I agree..However some (mostly on day flights ) like to stand and talk. I have had to ask the purser who then politely asked them to go to the rear.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by m3red
The 2 worst seats in F taken
I dunno...4A/K are pretty bad... get a lot of galley noise. Toss up!
QRC3288 and ukdoctor like this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage
I dunno...4A/K are pretty bad... get a lot of galley noise. Toss up!
second worse seats!
thijsseh, gillyd22 and ukdoctor like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:53 am

EK aircraft downgrade on Australian routes (a380 > 777)

Hi all,

I am booked for business class EK419/EK418 SYD-BKK-SYD. I am very disappointed to find out that my flights are operated by 777-300ER instead of a380. I have not received any email from EK in regards to the aircraft change. I have never been on EK's 777 but I think the business class product is way too different between a380 and 777's. The 2-3-2 business seats are not acceptable. Do you think I can ask for rerouting via DXB?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by cdgbear
Hi all,

I am booked for business class EK419/EK418 SYD-BKK-SYD. I am very disappointed to find out that my flights are operated by 777-300ER instead of a380. I have not received any email from EK in regards to the aircraft change. I have never been on EK's 777 but I think the business class product is way too different between a380 and 777's. The 2-3-2 business seats are not acceptable. Do you think I can ask for rerouting via DXB?
No, in a word. You *may* be able to get a refund, but nothing more unfortunately. I feel your pain though.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
My last flight DXB/BNE in May/June was operated by a 777. I am delighted to find that (at the moment) my next visit in December/January will be 380 all the way - unless they change it of course ........... Fingers crossed it stays that way!!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdgbear
I am booked for business class EK419/EK418 SYD-BKK-SYD. I am very disappointed to find out that my flights are operated by 777-300ER instead of A380.
<snip>
The 2-3-2 business seats are not acceptable. Do you think I can ask for rerouting via DXB?
You can ask, but I expect EK will ask you for your credit card number for the significant extra cost.
Its a big diversion.---> Great Circle Mapper
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: Skywards
Diversion all the way to Dubai just to sit on A380? SYD-BKK is an 9 hour flight, going over Dubai is well over 20 hours. I would rather sit in economy than this diversion in first.
Mwenenzi and cheyru like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: Skywards
Emailing Skywards is probably your best call here, they may issue you with some Skywards miles but probably with nothing more.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:18 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I’ve just realise this has happened to me again. First it was 417, I moved flight and now it’s happened to 419. There’s no point in trying to fight it any more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.