Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Saver Bucket Blocked to book for OTAs

Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Right now I am trying to book a flight for 2 from Lagos (LOS) to Singapore (SIN). The saver bucket shows up on the Emirates website, but not on OTAs. Does anyone know if this happens often? Or if they will eventually release saver availability?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:42 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Is there a good reason why you cant just book on the EK website?
Silverswimmer likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by BrendanJ45
Right now I am trying to book a flight for 2 from Lagos (LOS) to Singapore (SIN). The saver bucket shows up on the Emirates website, but not on OTAs. Does anyone know if this happens often? Or if they will eventually release saver availability?
Try checking more OTAs .
It's not unknown for this to happen.Possibly it happens in some countries more than others.
Intl airlines have for long been sensitive about their sales and ticketing in Nigeria hence possibly their preference to sell directly.
EK may eventually release saver IF still available...that's a considerable risk ex LOS,because flights have high load factor.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unless you can purchase at very significant savings, it is better to purchase directly from the carrier. In this case, it is cheaper to purchase through the carrier. Purchase through the carrier before the inventory is gone. Put simply, do not wait.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Is there a good reason why you can’t just book on the EK website?
Yes, sorry. The reason is I want to book using Chase Ultimate Rewards, but they use Expedia's interface. Therefore the flight costs $1200 from EK website and $1700 through Chase portal. I already booked 5 relatives on an EK flight and trying to put the other 2 on the same flight. If Chase hadn't fubared their bonus system I would have gotten the points a month ago and booked all 7 without issue at that time, but Chase is going down the tubes and made me wait an extra month for no reason to receive my bonus points.

Last edited by BrendanJ45; Sep 30, 2018 at 7:33 pm Reason: To add more detail
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Just to close out this thread. Emirates reopened the economy saver fare bucket today to OTA's. I was able to book using Chase Ultimate Rewards at a $500 savings vs if I'd booked over the weekend. So sometimes patience does pay when booking holiday flights under certain circumstances. The key is knowing how much flights usually cost and not overpaying or jumping too early.
thijsseh likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.