Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Soft Product Wish List (on-board and on the ground)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soft Product Wish List (on-board and on the ground)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Smile Soft Product Wish List (on-board and on the ground)

We know that many choices made about the soft product put EK above so many airlines that seem to be run by bank managers (cough *A cough). What would you like to see on board or on the ground in the soft product,? It can be something small or big. You never know, someone from PR might be looking in....

I'd personally like to see some more peated single malts on offer in J and F. Their potent smell can be quite unpleasant for others though and I appreciate that. That said, if you're watching EK: Lagavulin please.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
- Assisted F ground service, incl dedicated sedans for tarmac transfers for remote stands
- Improved Skywards benefits, especially for Plats, such as upgrade vouchers (maybe 1-2 a year for Gold, 4 for Plat), could be distance-restricted like US 500-mile upgrades, maybe EK provide 2 5000-mile upgrade vouchers to Golds and 4 to Plats or something, so for a ULH flight you might need two vouchers
- Ice tea on board
- More menu variety. Not bigger menus, just don't repeat the same menu every month (or alternating month) for years and years on the same routes, even in Y
- Cool it on the announcement videos, at least the Spirit of Dubai and the ICE videos could be cut to a single language
- Some smoothie/fresh juice options for PDBs in J and F

Can't really think of much else, thinking of what other airlines offer, there's not much that I miss when flying EK
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:40 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I like the QR signature one. I'm actually surprised EK haven't signed a contract with innocent smoothies (mostly owned by coca-cola) or a similar brand already to provide this onboard.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: Skywards silver
I would like to see a better beer/lager selection, with some craft IPA’s or pale ales included, even to offer something like Brewdog, all they have are generic huge brewery brands.
also the light bites menu on overnight Asian flights needs to be completely overhauled.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
- Assisted F ground service, incl dedicated sedans for tarmac transfers for remote stands
- Improved Skywards benefits, especially for Plats, such as upgrade vouchers (maybe 1-2 a year for Gold, 4 for Plat), could be distance-restricted like US 500-mile upgrades, maybe EK provide 2 5000-mile upgrade vouchers to Golds and 4 to Plats or something, so for a ULH flight you might need two vouchers
- Ice tea on board
- More menu variety. Not bigger menus, just don't repeat the same menu every month (or alternating month) for years and years on the same routes, even in Y
- Cool it on the announcement videos, at least the Spirit of Dubai and the ICE videos could be cut to a single language

Can't really think of much else, thinking of what other airlines offer, there's not much that I miss when flying EK
Have the ability to turn this off, if you have status. If you have reached Gold/Plat you have seen them enough.
thijsseh, sydtogla and XXTSGR like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Will08
Have the ability to turn this off, if you have status. If you have reached Gold/Plat you have seen them enough.
There is probably a legal requirement for this, so that pax cant claim for compensation due to being uninformed when some safety related event occurs..
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:35 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Will08
‘and stop you watch their marketing? Never gonna happen
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:38 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by MT_Switch
There is probably a legal requirement for this, so that pax cant claim for compensation due to being uninformed when some safety related event occurs..
I don’t think the suggestion was to allow skipping the safety video for exactly that reason...

Having said that, I can probably recite it verbatim. And I almost look forward to the moment where the guy lifts up the little kid as I first wondered if he was going to put him in the overhead bin.
Will08 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MT_Switch
Safety video has to stay, of course, I was referring to the Spirit of Dubai and ICE promo videos, which have no safety relevance. They're shown in both Arabic and English, and are 2-3 minutes long each. I like both, though am tired of seeing them over and over, and especially the ICE one at this point is just redundant. The
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:42 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
- Ice tea on board

have had smoothies on certain ULH routes but not a common occurrence

‘Definitely second re announcements and safety videos, one language with subtitles makes more sense.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Fantastic idea RE upgrade vouchers for golds / plats. Ive retained gold for the last number of years, but wouldnt go out of my way to achieve it now as see no benefit. However the incentive of a couple of upgrade vouchers would certainly sway me.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
PJs in long haul J overnight flights - would bring them in line with Qantas, Qatar and Singapore. Don't think it would go down too well if I wore a pair of the "others" on an EK flight and my only EK ones are now about 8 years old and pretty tatty!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by JudeS
Don't think it would go down too well if I wore a pair of the "others" on an EK flight
Why? I wear mine on other airlines all the time as IMHO the EK ones are super comfy.

Was given a sleep shirt the other day on LH and then switched into my EK PJs - purser noticed it and came to chat with me the next morning about my flight experience, history, other AL products etc.

Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Zol

‘and stop you watch their marketing? Never gonna happen
I see your point but I dont watch it either way, that is what my headphones are for. Realistically though, how much of a impact does this marketing have on frequent flyers.. If thijsseh can recite it verbatim, I would say very little! As a perk for frequent flyers it is not a lot to ask.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:46 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

I would love to see a 'book the cook' like SQ in F, and dine on demand in J goes without saying!
Bouncingsouls likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.