Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Soft Product Wish List (on-board and on the ground)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soft Product Wish List (on-board and on the ground)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

I had bitter lemon onboard a flight in late July - not something I usually order but I just fancied it as a mixer.

Definitely gone now?
Yes . Khallas .
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Don't think there are rules regarding the marketing materials.
But for the safety information.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Yes . Khallas .
Ag shame.

Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: EK Silver, BA Blue, MH Blue
One of the better things about ICE is that for the actual programming (not the safety videos/ICE introduction) is that the fast forward/rewind functionality is very responsive - I can easily skip the pre-episode ads by just dragging to the 3-minute mark, compared to other airlines' IFEs that I've experienced that are so laggy with a ff/rw option that is approximate at best.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
- Assisted F ground service, incl dedicated sedans for tarmac transfers for remote stands
- Improved Skywards benefits, especially for Plats, such as upgrade vouchers (maybe 1-2 a year for Gold, 4 for Plat), could be distance-restricted like US 500-mile upgrades, maybe EK provide 2 5000-mile upgrade vouchers to Golds and 4 to Plats or something, so for a ULH flight you might need two vouchers
- Ice tea on board
- More menu variety. Not bigger menus, just don't repeat the same menu every month (or alternating month) for years and years on the same routes, even in Y
- Cool it on the announcement videos, at least the Spirit of Dubai and the ICE videos could be cut to a single language
- Some smoothie/fresh juice options for PDBs in J and F
Pretty much the same for me here. Especially annoying is the recurring catering (and the quality thereof). If they can’t change menus more frequently and stop the recycling that goes on for years, at least they should introduce something like SQ’s “Book the Cook”. But I guess that is as unlikely to happen for cost reasons as is making Skywards more attractive, especially for very frequent flyers But ultimately my main issue remains a hard factor: uniform business seating along the lines of the A380, so please finally get rid of the 232/222 business on the 777s!

Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Wtravel
... But ultimately my main issue remains a hard factor: uniform business seating along the lines of the A380, ...
Do you mean that you don't like seats being set along the aircraft axis, and that you prefer herringbone (or reverse herringbone) ?

As personal taste, I don't like herringbone for many reasons :
+ I want to be seated as close to the window as possible to take photos even when the seat belt sign is off,
+ I prefer to face the screen even during rolling to catch up the most of the latest movies,
+ I don't like feeling the take-off pressure sideways.
But I will join the 99% who think that 2-3-2 of B777 is prehistory.

Anyway, the thread was about soft product.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Skywards
I can't think of anything I don't like about their soft product. Maybe too much alcohol in their cocktails?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:56 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Wtravel

so please finally get rid of the 232/222 business on the 777s!
I think 222 is a vast improvement on the 232 though. But anyway, that is hard product.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Coffee drinker
I can't think of anything I don't like about their soft product. Maybe too much alcohol in their cocktails?
Probably because they don't dilute their cocktails enough with ice. They shake over ice for a few seconds and that's it. A manhattan is something like 40% water after shaking.

Speaking of shaking, this is super nitpicky but stirring rather than shaking cocktails? I don't like air in my manhattan.

Better vermouth perhaps?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
- More menu variety. Not bigger menus, just don't repeat the same menu every month (or alternating month) for years and years on the same routes, even in Y
I fly EK Australia - Europe in Y two or three times a year. The breakfast menus, in particular, are anything but "varied". Last month's DXB-SYD offered a choice of:
Omelette: eggs, mushrooms, spinach, potatoes, or
Frittata: eggs, mushrooms, spinach, sausages, tomato sauce.

This month's SYD-DXB offered a "choice" of
Scrambled eggs, spinach, baked beans (in tomato sauce), chicken chipolatas, or
Omelette: eggs, spinach, tomato relish, vegetable croquettes.

Really?? Some people don't like eggs. Some people don't like spinach. Some people don't like mushrooms. I can't eat tomato. How hard is it to have two choices with minimal overlap in main ingredients? (Don't suggest ordering a special meal: there is no special meal that will necessarily avoid tomato, or spinach, or mushrooms.)

- Cool it on the announcement videos, at least the Spirit of Dubai and the ICE videos could be cut to a single language
And half the length. With a "bypass" option for Silver and above.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Probably because they don't dilute their cocktails enough with ice. They shake over ice for a few seconds and that's it. A manhattan is something like 40% water after shaking.

Speaking of shaking, this is super nitpicky but stirring rather than shaking cocktails? I don't like air in my manhattan.

Better vermouth perhaps?
Sending the flight attendants to a cocktail course would help. When I ordered at the bar they literally had to read every step from a manual. The preparation was very insecure. And of course, cocktail were undrinkable. And not a one time thing. I really cant remember one good cocktail on Emirates. Usually stick with beer now.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Sending the flight attendants to a cocktail course would help. When I ordered at the bar they literally had to read every step from a manual. The preparation was very insecure. And of course, cocktail were undrinkable. And not a one time thing. I really cant remember one good cocktail on Emirates. Usually stick with beer now.
They're on the strong side but far from undrinkable
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium

I was on a MAN-DXB flight a few years ago, it was my brothers first time in J on the a380, so of course the first time using the bar... He ordered four cocktails at the bar, (we were travelling as a group of 4), only for the cabin crew to remark "sorry everyone but these lot are ordering cocktails so you are all going to be waiting a while!"

The drinks tasted as bad as her attitude..
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:34 am

I usually direct the construction of my drinks now... the biggest issue is they just don't have enough ice on board. Dilution on some of these drinks like the Manhattan and Negroni is everything.

Although I did have one cabin crew who made a really great manhattan because she herself was a manhattan drinker - not 3 drops of bitters, 3 actual dashes which is a heck of a lot more. And tons of ice... shaken :-/ but whatever it was good.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:37 am

They're on the strong side but far from undrinkable
Dilution is key. But EK never loads enough ice on ULH flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.