Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Soft Product Wish List (on-board and on the ground)

Soft Product Wish List (on-board and on the ground)

Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Will08
I see your point but I dont watch it either way, that is what my headphones are for. Realistically though, how much of a impact does this marketing have on frequent flyers.. If thijsseh can recite it verbatim, I would say very little! As a perk for frequent flyers it is not a lot to ask.
Well the fact that they can recite it verbatim would seem to indicate that the brand awareness from the marketing is a huge success, next step is to just convince you to part ways with your cash more often.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:57 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Will08
I see your point but I dont watch it either way, that is what my headphones are for. Realistically though, how much of a impact does this marketing have on frequent flyers.. If thijsseh can recite it verbatim, I would say very little! As a perk for frequent flyers it is not a lot to ask.
If it can be recited verbatim doesn't that impli it works? It's like having a song stuck in your head whether you like it or not
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:17 am
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
"Let's take a look at some of the cool things you can do on ICE...."
cheyru and Will08 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Amenity kits on all flights, not just overnight.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:12 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Zol
If it can be recited verbatim doesn't that impli it works? It's like having a song stuck in your head whether you like it or not
By the way, as far as the 'verbatim' is concerned (as it is I who started this..), I was specifically referring to the safety video (in English). I don't know how the marketing stuff got added to that.
Having said this, I just spent 17 hours on 2 sectors and I watched a TV series, consisting of quite a few episodes which automatically play one after another. As the same advert plays before EACH episode, I am now pretty close to knowing the marketing material for the Dubai parks verbatim. .

Madness...
Will08 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
By the way, as far as the 'verbatim' is concerned (as it is I who started this..), I was specifically referring to the safety video (in English). I don't know how the marketing stuff got added to that.
Having said this, I just spent 17 hours on 2 sectors and I watched a TV series, consisting of quite a few episodes which automatically play one after another. As the same advert plays before EACH episode, I am now pretty close to knowing the marketing material for the Dubai parks verbatim. .

Madness...
Just skip them...?
​​​​​​
I'm always amused by the ICE video at how enamoured the guy in the national dress is when the guy on the screen takes off his shirt or something. Big eyes lighting up. Seems a bit controversial but no one else seems to have ever noticed it
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Madness...

Well according to the logic on here that is unquestionably great marketing! I bet you had your credit card out the whole flight...

What about a set of Pjs as a welcome gift for reaching gold and or Plat, cheaper than the option of giving them out on all J flights. Even better if they come with your name on them, would make the welcome back greeting look more genuine.
JudeS likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:29 pm

Return of bitter lemon in DXB J lounge and onboard.
And return of the selection of great ice creams that were in the ice cream carts in DXB J lounges that have now been (temporarily?) replaced by the giveaway tubs that were available in B in T3.

The food in champagne bar in J lounge in B is excellent , however would like to see some different dishes available...

Oh I miss the seared tuna in DXB J lounges too.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:59 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
And return of the selection of great ice creams that were in the ice cream carts in DXB J lounges that have now been (temporarily?) replaced by the giveaway tubs that were available in B in T3.

The food in champagne bar in J lounge in B is excellent , however would like to see some different dishes available...

Oh I miss the seared tuna in DXB J lounges too.
I had a delicious ice cream from a cart in the B J lounge last night....That was on my way to the Moët bar.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
+ better gift for Plat (I had difficulties finding it in my renewal "pack" )
+ better luggage tag for Plat
+ arrival lounge at DXB for F and Plat (for shape up before going to work)
+ good wifi on all ULH/LH flights (I'm not asking for video-streaming, but for at least emails and whatsup)
+ welcome greeting for status pax replaced by a single "welcome back sir/madam" instead of "welcome back, errr, mister/madam, errr, how do you pronounce that ?".
+ definitely better F dishes
+ optional online preselection of dishes in J/F. choice is guaranteed. (though I never experienced shortage, it's already done by some airlines)
+ amenity kit : stay as it is currently. Handing out on all LH/ULH flights will impact quality.
+ smaller DXB terminals

As for safey video, it is indeed a pain for us FF, but, it is regulation, and, there are indeed first time flyers on board. Therefore, we can't avoid this.
True nevertheless that it can probably be shortened a little bit.

For ICE promotion, I can understand that EK wants to promote their award winning (and costly) entertainment system, and tries to have people stop at DXB (and spend money). Can't blame them.

I'm not scandalized that these are aired in arabic, as all airlines do so in their native language.
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902
+ better gift for Plat (I had difficulties finding it in my renewal "pack" )
+ better luggage tag for Plat
+ arrival lounge at DXB for F and Plat (for shape up before going to work)
+ good wifi on all ULH/LH flights (I'm not asking for video-streaming, but for at least emails and whatsup)
+ welcome greeting for status pax replaced by a single "welcome back sir/madam" instead of "welcome back, errr, mister/madam, errr, how do you pronounce that ?".
+ definitely better F dishes
+ optional online preselection of dishes in J/F. choice is guaranteed. (though I never experienced shortage, it's already done by some airlines)
+ amenity kit : stay as it is currently. Handing out on all LH/ULH flights will impact quality.
+ smaller DXB terminals

As for safey video, it is indeed a pain for us FF, but, it is regulation, and, there are indeed first time flyers on board. Therefore, we can't avoid this.
True nevertheless that it can probably be shortened a little bit.

For ICE promotion, I can understand that EK wants to promote their award winning (and costly) entertainment system, and tries to have people stop at DXB (and spend money). Can't blame them.

I'm not scandalized that these are aired in arabic, as all airlines do so in their native language.
I don't mind them being in Arabic at all, as far as I'm concerned they could be only Arabic with English subtitles.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:52 am

Korean Medical Aesthetics related magazines

Coming from Asia, beauty is a big part of our lifestyle.
I like to see more Korean medical aesthetic, Asia Aesthetic Dermatology type magazines.
- 4DFacelift
m3red likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I had bitter lemon onboard a flight in late July - not something I usually order but I just fancied it as a mixer.

Definitely gone now?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I don't mind them being in Arabic at all, as far as I'm concerned they could be only Arabic with English subtitles.
Wouldn't mind that either. Don't think that's allowed though?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Wouldn't mind that either. Don't think that's allowed though?
Don't think there are rules regarding the marketing materials.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.