Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage allowance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Baggage allowance

I thought that Emirates had changed their baggage allowance down to 23KG on the cheaper tickets. I have not flown with Emirates for a few years and i have been getting a few quotes and its showing 30KG.

Also the seat selection policy, I understand that they still charge for selecting seats unless 24hr on online Checkin, Do you still get a good selection of seats or is it pot luck, I guess it depends on how full the flight is.

Sorry for asking, But like i said, Its awhile since using emirates and i have been using Qatar for a while since they have been using Edinburgh
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Which route? Ex Africa and North America it is 2x 23kg bags.

seat selection is free at OLCI which is 48 hours before departure, bit of pot luck, depends on the flight, as you say
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by malct
I thought that Emirates had changed their baggage allowance down to 23KG on the cheaper tickets. I have not flown with Emirates for a few years and i have been getting a few quotes and its showing 30KG.

Also the seat selection policy, I understand that they still charge for selecting seats unless 24hr on online Checkin, Do you still get a good selection of seats or is it pot luck, I guess it depends on how full the flight is.

Sorry for asking, But like i said, Its awhile since using emirates and i have been using Qatar for a while since they have been using Edinburgh
AFAIK it is still 30kg on most Y fares - except Special (where it is less) and Flex Plus (where it it more). And then there are special allowances depending on e.g. point of departure, as mentioned above.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:58 am
Original Poster

will be heading over to Bangkok and thinking of trying Newcastle for a change in January
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
will be heading over to Bangkok and thinking of trying Newcastle for a change in January
https://www.emirates.com/english/help/faq/490107/Weight-and-Piece-concept

Economy Special - 20kg
Saver and Flex 30kg
Flex Plus 35kg
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Travel trolley was quoting 30KG, Will have to check out the fare grade but it was a very cheap price of £440 Rt
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Travel trolley was quoting 30KG, Will have to check out the fare grade but it was a very cheap price of £440 Rt
The traditional warning is always book direct with the airline as putting a third party in the chain can cause more problems than saving a few £
See all the horror stories on Tripadvisor, Air Travel forum about sites such as Traveltrolley/edreams and kiwicom
SS
JudeS likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
I would be prepared to bet that the price advertised does not exist or is not available on booking, although they will happily take your money before informing you that you have to pay more. Please book direct with the airline rather than using a dodgy agent.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:15 pm

I think Travel Trolley is live booking, unlike some others who come back asking for more money an hour or two after you think you've booked.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:45 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Now that is an itinerary I'd like to hear about.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:06 am
Original Poster

I have used the above agent twice and it is live since i booked and the payment didn't go though, so i went online and rebooked, The flight i was wanting was more expensive but i could book the 1 hour earlier flight from BKK at the same price, just meant getting up 1 hour earlier. After payment, i checked my emails and TT had emailed me if i wanted to continue and pay for the 1st flight that i had booked at the original price but because i had already booked on the earlier flight, There was nothing that they could do.

After saying all of that, i have found them to offer very cheap tickets
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Price for 2 of us from Newcastle. This is Cheap and showing 30KG each
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Amazing how much more expensive it is for 1 person with the same flights. Happened last time.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Some of the deals from skyscanner do exist. My colleagues has booked twice in the last 6 months and managed to get flex and even flex plus cheaper than the cost of a Y saver on EK website.

The only drawback is that you have to go via the TA if you want to make any changes before you fly..
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Some of the deals from skyscanner do exist. My colleagues has booked twice in the last 6 months and managed to get flex and even flex plus cheaper than the cost of a Y saver on EK website.

The only drawback is that you have to go via the TA if you want to make any changes before you fly..
and that's costs money but depends on what ticket you bought with Emirates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.