Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates to Emirates same flight number stop in Bali

Emirates to Emirates same flight number stop in Bali

Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by Zol
agreed, never understood the point of transit visas; It’s either you are allowed landside or you are not. Needing a visa to stay at the airport to only to go landisde for several hours is a bit pointless.
A number of countries require these in the case of pax from the usual list of countries. Mainly (at last in Europe) has to do with trying to stop people from staying in the transit country as an asylum seeker/refugee, etc.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Wtravel

A number of countries require these in the case of pax from the usual list of countries. Mainly (at last in Europe) has to do with trying to stop people from staying in the transit country as an asylum seeker/refugee, etc.
If one claims asylum there's no need to a visa in the first place. The point is that if remaining airside no such visa is required
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If one claims asylum there's no need to a visa in the first place. The point is that if remaining airside no such visa is required
If the transit visa is required prior to boarding that particular destination then surely this would prevent someone from reaching that destination in order to claim asylum. Otherwise everyone could just purchase a ticket that transits through a country they want to claim asylum in - would be a lot cheaper than paying traffickers.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
If the transit visa is required prior to boarding that particular destination then surely this would prevent someone from reaching that destination in order to claim asylum. Otherwise everyone could just purchase a ticket that transits through a country they want to claim asylum in - would be a lot cheaper than paying traffickers.
Yes but once again, transit visa aren't required for airside transit. That requirement is easily circumvented by connecting in the country in which one wishes to claim asylum then simply walking up to immigration during the connection and claiming asylum
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:07 pm

Yes but once again, transit visa aren't required for airside transit. That requirement is easily circumvented by connecting in the country in which one wishes to claim asylum then simply walking up to immigration during the connection and claiming asylum
UK - DATV, It doesn't stop one claiming asylum on arrival, however if they do then I suppose the prior scrutiny/checks failed in that particular instance.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
UK - DATV, It doesn't stop one claiming asylum on arrival, however if they do then I suppose the prior scrutiny/checks failed in that particular instance.
DATV is generally not required when transiting within the same terminal, at least at LHR, every passport is different obviously, but I've got an SA passport, which isn't the best to have, and require a visa to enter the UK, even for just a minute, but have looked at transit requirements before and if within the same terminal it doesn't appear to be required. The UK is tricky because there are dozens of different scenarios, if I was travelling to the US and had to switch LHR > LGW for example, as long as I have a valid US visa and am travelling to or from the US, I wouldn't require a visa.... we're way off topic now, but the ultimate point is that no Indonesian visa or immigration check would be required to travel DXB-DPS-AKL
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:49 am

DATV is generally not required when transiting within the same terminal, at least at LHR, every passport is different obviously, but I've got an SA passport, which isn't the best to have, and require a visa to enter the UK, even for just a minute, but have looked at transit requirements before and if within the same terminal it doesn't appear to be required. The UK is tricky because there are dozens of different scenarios, if I was travelling to the US and had to switch LHR > LGW for example, as long as I have a valid US visa and am travelling to or from the US, I wouldn't require a visa.... we're way off topic now, but the ultimate point is that no Indonesian visa or immigration check would be required to travel DXB-DPS-AKL
I don't think this is correct. Sure, there are exemptions to the DATV, like any other visa, however, I don't think remaining in the same terminal has any bearing on the criteria requirements. If you have a visa for America already, it is fairly obvious why you would then be exempt. You are quite right though, way off the original topic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.