Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

A380 First class: Pros and Cons I haven't seen being talked about

A380 First class: Pros and Cons I haven't seen being talked about

Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by jackiedada
This one is the biggest con for me, beside the minibar being totally useless...
I really like that minibar! Being a Hennessey Paradise devotee I can help myself any time
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Paradis
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:14 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by EKplat
I really like that minibar! Being a Hennessey Paradise devotee I can help myself any time
Are we confusing (mini)bars here?

The 'small bar' at the front where the Hennesey Paradis is? Or the minibar in the suite (and in the 388 J seat and these day in the refurbished 77W J seats)? Those are useless in my opinion as they are not chilled. Lukewarm water or juice? No thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh
The 'small bar' at the front where the Hennesey Paradis is? Or the minibar in the suite
It would be anice surprise to find a bottle of Paradis in the minibar in the suite though ...some adjustments to size and capacity of that (useless) minibar would be needed though.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:02 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by flying_pig
It would be anice surprise to find a bottle of Paradis in the minibar in the suite though ...some adjustments to size and capacity of that (useless) minibar would be needed though.
Great idea! But think out of the box! They can take all the other contents out and put the Paradis flat! And it negates the requirement to chill the stupid thing!
flying_pig and XXTSGR like this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
I am with you, thijsseh! I have to confess I drank an entire un-opened bottle they'd brought back to the J Bar - note that I shared it with two other J class passengers after they asked the bartender what it was and why they couldn't have any! Felt weird drinking from a bottle hidden under the bar - there were only 3 of us for the longest time (more joined later but no Paradis for them!) and we had a damned good time. Went back and watched a super film in 2G (?), with my 2K bed made up for me when I was ready to retire. Slept DEEPLY for about 6 hours, showered, had breakfast (at 6:00 pm DXB time, I thing) and landed in DXB after a 16 hour flight from LAX. Worth every cent of the fare!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by pacman3
I am with you, thijsseh! I have to confess I drank an entire un-opened bottle they'd brought back to the J Bar - note that I shared it with two other J class passengers after they asked the bartender what it was and why they couldn't have any! Felt weird drinking from a bottle hidden under the bar - there were only 3 of us for the longest time (more joined later but no Paradis for them!) and we had a damned good time. Went back and watched a super film in 2G (?), with my 2K bed made up for me when I was ready to retire. Slept DEEPLY for about 6 hours, showered, had breakfast (at 6:00 pm DXB time, I thing) and landed in DXB after a 16 hour flight from LAX. Worth every cent of the fare!
I must admit that I find enjoying F drinks at the A380 bar at the back a touch embarrassing.
I am not a regular F passenger (and likely to be even less after the recent round of 'price adjustments' as they called it), but on one occasion that I did, I felt like a leg stretch and decided to have a pre lunch cocktail in the 'lounge' at the back. As I walked through the curtain (on the 'K' side), I mentioned to the FA what my intention was. When I arrived at the bar, she was there, waiting for me (she must have scurried through the aisle on the "A" side). She very discreetly told me that if I wanted any F drinks, I just needed to inform the barkeeper and she would bring them. Also had a whisper to the barman and pointed me out. Almost designed to tell me that I was different from the plebs in J... Which is where I normally come from.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
I must admit that I find enjoying F drinks at the A380 bar at the back a touch embarrassing.
I am not a regular F passenger (and likely to be even less after the recent round of 'price adjustments' as they called it), but on one occasion that I did, I felt like a leg stretch and decided to have a pre lunch cocktail in the 'lounge' at the back. As I walked through the curtain (on the 'K' side), I mentioned to the FA what my intention was. When I arrived at the bar, she was there, waiting for me (she must have scurried through the aisle on the "A" side). She very discreetly told me that if I wanted any F drinks, I just needed to inform the barkeeper and she would bring them. Also had a whisper to the barman and pointed me out. Almost designed to tell me that I was different from the plebs in J... Which is where I normally come from.
What's great is having them make you a Dom Mimosa in front of all the J pax sipping their Moet
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:11 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
What's great is having them make you a Dom Mimosa in front of all the J pax sipping their Moet
Dom Mimosa is very close to sacrilege....
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:57 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Or a little upgrade to the classic champagne cocktail, using Dom and Paradis. Decadent!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Or a little upgrade to the classic champagne cocktail, using Dom and Paradis. Decadent!
The idea is to p*ss off the J pax by doing something cheap and silly with your superior champagne

I'd prefer the champagne cocktail over a Mimosa any day though, OJ is too acidic
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Also dont forget to wear the F PJ's and come to the bar. Wet hair just after a shower will be a bonus..
dhuey and thijsseh like this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Also dont forget to wear the F PJ's and come to the bar. Wet hair just after a shower will be a bonus..
Anyone ever seen someone do this? I haven't (unfortunately)...
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

this summer on my flight to Singapore, there was a group of elderly Asian’s all sitting at the seats at the bar wearing F pj’s and drinking dom, also they were selfie crazy, and were getting the full Polaroid treatment too. Was quite amusing to watch.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

I think it would be better if someone in J used their Pjs from a previous F flight and just wet their hair in the toilet, might even be able to blag F drinks then..
Bouncingsouls likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.