Wiki Posts
Search

What happenes to FlyDubai?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star GOLD, EK SIlver
What happenes to FlyDubai?

First flight with FlyDubai and after payment I’ve got on my mail just reservation confirmation. Few days later I called FlyDubai and asked where are my e-tickets.I was surprised with the answer: we do not issues tickets, ur reservation is in our system. I was a bit worry, but both ways no problem flying. Is it normal to have an international flight without ticket, just with booking?

On both sectors just a few PTV was working (different aircrafts) and crew said that actually they just dont work and nobody repair them. So my second question is: do we have to expect that FlyDubai will become Emirates soon? They adopted Skywards, moved some flights to T3, do not maintain the interior (usually this is a sign for major refurbishing, change), they install flat beds on new aircrafts, etc
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:28 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Many non-legacy carriers use systems like Navitaire that are totally ticketless. Your reservation record is then your 'ticket'.

Edit: just Googled it our - flyDubai is on Radixx that is also ticketless: https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...tract-flydubai

Last edited by TPJ; Sep 4, 2018 at 5:31 am Reason: added Radix info
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Not sure there are any plans of them "merging" as this was strongly denied by both carriers. FZ has a hybrid model of low cost in Y yet serving an excellent J product. They refuse to market themselves as a low cost carrier!

They seem to work closely together but not sure if they will ever merge ..... Time will tell?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.