Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates or Etihad first class, Nairobi to JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys,
i am booking a one way flight from Nairobi to JFK in first class. After searching on internet, I have narrowed down to Emirates and Etihad. Since I have never been on either one, I do need advice on which one to fly with. The service, food, cabins, and lounges get a lot positive reviews on internet for both airlines. I do notice we need to fly in business class from Nairobi to Abu Dhabi if we fly with Etihad, however the first class apartment on A380 from Abu Dhabi to JFK looks fabulous. Since I will do a stop over (2nights) in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi, I will also need help to consider which city is more interesting to visit. Any comments on either airlines first class are welcome.

Thank you
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Well as you say the main issue is that EY don't offer F from NBO.

Whether the Apartment on EY beats EK's suites is a contentioic issue. Personally I've flown both and while EY is way more spacious I find the EK Seat to be significantly more comfortable.

If you enjoy good wines then EK is probably the better choice, I believe EY has recently introduced caviar service in F, EK definitely has it.

Both airlines offer chauffeur drive service in the UAE, with EK also offering it worldwide (not sure about NBO, though) so this makes airport transfers easier with EK. The CD service within the UAE coves the entire country so you fly EK but stay in Abu Dhabi if you wish to, don't choose purely based on that, the drive is about one hour. Abu Dhabi had more cultural sights, such as the mosque and Louvre. However Dubai is Dubai, so...
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:35 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Thread closed.

Please remember that cross posting in multiple forums is not allowed as per FT Rules.

Please follow current thread in the EY Forum: Etihad or Emirates first class from Nairobi to JFK?

Saltire74
EK Forum Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.