Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK F, Anyone Notice Any Differences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK F, Anyone Notice Any Differences?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:21 pm
Uli

Have done 8 flight in EK F in Oct so far, 4 of them in the new F on 777, did not notice any cuttings. Service was perfect always, even on a full F load in 380.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I’m about to do a IAH-DXB with 12/14 so I’ll let you know.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I’m about to do a IAH-DXB with 12/14 so I’ll let you know.
Looking forward to it- I have the same flight on Nov 11- F is 12/14 so far.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I did a IAH-DXB on Oct 16th and the cabin was 12/14. The service was good, but was not great. They also ran out of side items. They only loaded one side item which I thought was kind of comical. I was in 2A and when he came to take my meal order I asked for a side of some potato and he said "were all out she just ordered that" pointing to the lady in 1E traveling with her husband. And I said "really? they only loaded one?" He was nice however to put business class rice onto my entrée as a side so that was nice of him and I appreciated that. Other than that can't say I have been noticing much of a difference at all, but flights are usually not very full either so...
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Flew F on the A380 SFO-DXB last month. Ordered a cognac after the meal and knew immediately from the burning in the back of my throat that what they brought me was not the good stuff. Asked the FA to show me the bottle. Purser returns a long while later to say that they had already thrown out the bottle and so could not show it to me. How stupid of her to think that I might be stupid enough to believe her.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by UAuhoh
Flew F on the A380 SFO-DXB last month. Ordered a cognac after the meal and knew immediately from the burning in the back of my throat that what they brought me was not the good stuff. Asked the FA to show me the bottle. Purser returns a long while later to say that they had already thrown out the bottle and so could not show it to me. How stupid of her to think that I might be stupid enough to believe her.
so you think she lied about what she served you or lied about what was available on board? Why would she do that?

They don't chuck open booze like they do with wine, so it could've been the bottom of an old bottle (though doubt there would be such a degradation of quality)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by extramileage
so you think she lied about what she served you or lied about what was available on board? Why would she do that?

They don't chuck open booze like they do with wine, so it could've been the bottom of an old bottle (though doubt there would be such a degradation of quality)
I have no idea why they didn't serve the first class cognac. They didn't cater it? They ran out but didn't want to tell me? They kept it for themselves? This was the first time that they didn't pour it at my seat but rather brought me an already fully poured tumbler.

What was apparent was that they were embarrassed that I noticed and, rather than admit it, lied about the circumstances. Tacky and unprofessional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.