Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missed my flight yesterday

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Missed my flight yesterday

I missed my flight for personal reasons and I had to pay the fee which I did, but the flight I bought is for the 7/27/2018 because thats what my money could afford me and my college starts in the 23rd I was wondering is there a way I can know when the next flight seats will be? is there any source I can use to keep track on the airline to keep track if any seats will be open because I am really depressed. I am currently in Malaysia going to Minnesota.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Assume you mean 27 August?
​​​​​
sign up for expertflyer and set seat alerts for the fare bucket you have, consider flights to other nearby destinations
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

yeah, I ment the 27th so is there any number I can call or keep an eye out instead of going in the airport and camping there? I cant seem to make expertflyer work since when I put the flight number that leaving here tmr to Dubai
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:42 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Which flight are you, is it from KUL? What is the destination. List your flight details so we can try and help you
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

I am currently at Malasyia (Kul) going to Minnesota (MPS)
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rauf Sal
I am currently at Malaysia (Kul) going to Minnesota (MPS)
Or MSP? Where EK does not fly to.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnea...tional_Airport

What was the full route & airlines you were booked on?
You have now booked at flight for 27 Aug and want to change it? That will cost$$$
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:09 pm

You need to know the fare class you were booked in (YERWMB . . . .etc) then look for availability in the same class at a future date. Presumably the first date EK could see was the 27th August, but you'll have to hope an earlier date opens up.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

how can I know the fare? this the one im schedule to take //prnt.(-sc/kjjthc-)
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:43 pm

If you tried to show an image it didn't work.

How did you book your ticket?

If through Emirates, you will have received an email with ticket information in an attachment. On this you will see a Fare Calculation and a string of numbers and letters. Somewhere in there, after some routing and pricing information is a string like this "KEE1SGB1". The first character indicates the Fare Bucket of your ticket and you need the same Fare Bucket on a future date to change to with the lowest fees.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:06 am
Original Poster

My fare is USD1187.00
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:13 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
My fare is USD1187.00
I am afraid that does not really help us.

If you can give us the routing (starting airport and any / all stops on the way and the destination), the date (which I understand is 27 August?) as well as the fare bucket (as per ft101's post above), we can try to help you. I can even try to set up an alert on Expert Flyer for you if you have problems doing this yourself.

Edit: I had a quick look at availability on the DXB/MSP routes that EF gives with EK as the ticketing airline and I am afraid it does not look good for the 7 days preceding 27 august. Virtually no availability even in the most expensive (Y) bucket. Not sure about the taxes and surcharges on that routing, but from the fare information I would guess you are on an M bucket. But please give us the information requested above and we'll see what we can do.

And unfortunately there is no 'number you can call' to set up a warning. Of course you can call the EK call centre but they can only give you current availability.

Last edited by thijsseh; Aug 17, 2018 at 12:27 am Reason: Added current availability as per EF.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:05 am

I missed my flight for personal reasons and I had to pay the fee which I did, but the flight I bought is for the 7/27/2018 because thats what my money could afford me and my college starts in the 23rd I was wondering is there a way I can know when the next flight seats will be? is there any source I can use to keep track on the airline to keep track if any seats will be open because I am really depressed. I am currently in Malaysia going to Minnesota.
One way to look at this is, what's done is done. You will probably end up missing 3-4 days of school. For a semester that runs until December, is that really a big thing ? You should be able to cover up your coursework over the weekend, bit of extra effort over the weeks ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.