Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates A380 - SYD-BKK - biz seat, no power. Compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Debating whether I should ask for compensation & if so - what kind?

$4k AUD biz class ticket for SYD-BKK-SYD for work. Power port & USB doesn’t work.

Engineer reset before taking off, no luck.

No empty seats to move to. Have to do work on this flight & only 35% phone battery & 1:15 on the laptop.

About to take off - so posting from the seat. If they can’t fix - any thought on whether I should ask for compensation & if so, what kind? 3rd Emirates biz fligh this year, first problem. QF ticketed & coded, crediting to AA if that makes a difference?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Unlikely to get much compo, especially as it's a QF ticket and not credited to EK theydtheydtonly offer Skywards miles. You can ask crew to plug in the phone and/or laptop in the pursers office if A380 or galley if 77W

In-seat power is one of the most important things to me so I understand the frustration. About 1 in 10 flights, if not more, I have such an issue.

You could also see how your seat neighbour is personality and mood wise and maybe use their port and run the cable over the top of the seat. In Y I use my neighbours power of mine isn't working
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
I’d ask for compensation, but I wouldn’t play up that your trip is for « work « - the reason for your trip is irrelevant
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Maybe ask the Purser to check if anybody else is willing to swap seats? I know I never use the in-seat power, so as long as it was an equivalent seat, I'd swap.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
You might get 15000 miles.
The Purser made a note of a similar problem with my seat in F DXB/BKK and 3 days later I received an unexpected email apology and a credit of 30000 miles
SS
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the insights! Just landed in BKK. The flight attendant was able to charge my phone & laptop in the first class cabin in an empty seat (but didn’t let me sit there).

All’s good - I’m flying back next week & booked in the same seat - but may switch it up as it may be the same physical plane, but who knows.

I may join Skywards and see about some miles or something, but probably not. It wasn’t the end of the world - but still quite frustrating.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:39 am

If you are Skywards member, you will get a miles compensation.

I just had the same happening to me in Business from Dubai to Bangkok, complained and got 40k miles into my account.
But then again, it wasn't only the socket power gone. I had no screen either, the whole chair was dead. And nowhere to move, flight full.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Debating whether I should ask for compensation & if so - what kind?

$4k AUD biz class ticket for SYD-BKK-SYD for work. Power port & USB doesn’t work.

Engineer reset before taking off, no luck.

No empty seats to move to. Have to do work on this flight & only 35% phone battery & 1:15 on the laptop.

About to take off - so posting from the seat. If they can’t fix - any thought on whether I should ask for compensation & if so, what kind? 3rd Emirates biz fligh this year, first problem. QF ticketed & coded, crediting to AA if that makes a difference?
Be friendly and ask to 'borrow' someones power. Simple really. Life cannot be 100% all the time. Adapt.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by marcoalza
Be friendly and ask to 'borrow' someones power. Simple really. Life cannot be 100% all the time. Adapt.
Whose power is the OP supposed to borrow ? Not mine if I’m on the flight, I’ve used all mine up.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:32 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
This is inconvenient. Did you make sure the purser took note of it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.