Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

SFO - DXB - MAA A380 & 777 experience

Old Jul 30, 18, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

SFO-DXB on A380 is amazing. The leg room is great. Seats are harder on the A380. In fact the DXB-MAA 777-300 have much better seat cushioning. A380 is much quieter and you hardly feel any bumps. It handles turbulence really well - sometimes it feels like the plane is not moving at all. We sat on the front most section of the plane DXB-SFO and on the last section for SFO-DXB. Could not tell the difference as it is a much smoother ride. It is good that Indian Vegetarian meal is a standard menu offering - even then it is better to request it specifically just so they don't run out of it. The 14-15 hours passes by fairly easily due to the good timings in both SFO and DXB. ice entertainment is out of the world. The screen is good sized but headphones quality could be better. It gets fairly cold in the plane better to carry a light sweater - make sure to wear full pants. Dubai airport T3 is pretty good - nothing can come closer to Changi but still this terminal is fairly good. DXB-MAA on 777 is good. The plane is older with older smaller screens. Food is ok going into MAA but returning is horrible. Again request Indian Veg Meal specifically . they have very few extra left so if you think you can order it from the main menu they may not have enough for everyone.
In the past we used to complain about insufficient food but now emirates has fixed that issue - there is sufficient food if you eat everything on the plate. On board service has improved a lot. The inflight crew is quite responsive and remember to bring the things you ask even if they are busy. It almost feels like SQ type of service now.
Given an option A380 on Emirates would be my 1st choice for this or any other route.
Old Aug 2, 18, 12:24 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
The EK Lounge in SFO is amongst some of the better EK lounges world wide ......... Pretty good food selection etc etc., The 380 from SFO was amazing ........ The crew on the flight flying out of SFO on tuesday afternoon was amazing!!!!

The J cabin last night on EK 542 was horrendously managed with some new cabin crew really slow in their service. The seats are more or less like Premium Economy ...... 2-3-2 Configuration with hardly much room. Pretty awful!
Old Aug 3, 18, 12:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by safari_7 View Post
The crew on the flight flying out of SFO on tuesday afternoon was amazing!!!!

The J cabin last night on EK 542 was horrendously managed with some new cabin crew really slow in their service. The seats are more or less like Premium Economy ...... 2-3-2 Configuration with hardly much room. Pretty awful!
Weird. I've found the J service on the 777s to be much better than on the A380s.
pierreza likes this.
Old Aug 3, 18, 6:45 pm

Programs: Whatever status they gifted me for 2021 because I flew only 20k miles and had 17 nights
Originally Posted by pokeable View Post
Weird. I've found the J service on the 777s to be much better than on the A380s.
I've noticed that the 5xx flights in J have a fair number of trainees on them since they're relatively short turnarounds. Super kind and well intentioned but new for sure.
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:22 pm

Programs: WY Gold, EK Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
I've noticed that the 5xx flights in J have a fair number of trainees on them since they're relatively short turnarounds. Super kind and well intentioned but new for sure.
very true, I fly EK543 16x a year in J and have never had an experienced crew on the route except the one time I flew F.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: