UAE-based EK credit cards

Old Jul 24, 18, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
UAE-based EK credit cards

Are any of these worth having? I moved over to EY a few years ago, but need to start travelling with EK again so figure I should get myself a local CC to boost miles-earning opportunities.
Old Jul 24, 18, 3:51 am

Programs: WY Gold, EK Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by Vitriol01 View Post
Are any of these worth having? I moved over to EY a few years ago, but need to start travelling with EK again so figure I should get myself a local CC to boost miles-earning opportunities.
Best local card is the citi prestige
Old Jul 24, 18, 3:58 am
NoY

Programs: BA Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR bye bye, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist View Post
Best local card is the citi prestige
Citi Prestige has nothing at all to do with collecting EK [email protected]:-)
Old Jul 24, 18, 7:17 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Depends on where majority of your spending is, if its on emirates.ae then get the Emirates NBD card. If its international or domestic then for me the Citi Ultimate gives the best value.
If your spend is government, fuel and groceries then don't bother because you earn anything between nil to 25% and its capped.
Old Jul 24, 18, 10:48 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...banks/dib.aspx

Might be worth having a look at this one. FT member Sc0TTy had posted about this new card on the UK MBNA thread.

I feel it would be much more useful on this thread.
Old Jul 24, 18, 4:52 pm

Programs: MR rewards
AMEX is the best card for spending 1 mile for every $ on every thing, its free if you spend 15000AED first three month or 40000AED.
The bounce is 5000 miles but its totally free 40k is easy plus you dont need any salary certificate you can open it with 21000AED
They have great offers all the time now Double points for every$ abroad until mid September
Keep it in your wallet its a great card if you want help PM me
Old Jul 25, 18, 12:21 pm

Programs: EY Plat
Originally Posted by weld3z View Post
AMEX is the best card for spending 1 mile for every $ on every thing, its free if you spend 15000AED first three month or 40000AED.
The bounce is 5000 miles but its totally free 40k is easy plus you dont need any salary certificate you can open it with 21000AED
They have great offers all the time now Double points for every$ abroad until mid September
Keep it in your wallet its a great card if you want help PM me
1 mile per $ is not very good.

Citi prestige is 3 points per $1 on international TX and 2 per $ for local spend.

NBAD card is close too with just under this earn rate but can be good for those that burn 200k AED per annum as you get a 75% off points voucher for 2 PAX, return, in any class.
Old Jul 25, 18, 1:10 pm

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by kelix View Post
1 mile per $ is not very good.

Citi prestige is 3 points per $1 on international TX and 2 per $ for local spend.

NBAD card is close too with just under this earn rate but can be good for those that burn 200k AED per annum as you get a 75% off points voucher for 2 PAX, return, in any class.
Emirates is not a transfer partner of the Citi Prestige card unless something has changed?

https://www.citibank.ae/uae/consumer...m?icid=AECCLN6
Old Jul 25, 18, 9:45 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR bye bye, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Lkaroo View Post
Emirates is not a transfer partner of the Citi Prestige card unless something has changed?

https://www.citibank.ae/uae/consumer...m?icid=AECCLN6
True. But Kelix was correcting the inaccuracy of Amex $/points earning being the best available in the market which, of course, it is not.
Old Jul 25, 18, 11:17 pm

Programs: WY Gold, EK Gold, EY Silver
I stand corrected, I was referring to EY actually.
with regards to EK, their cards are less valuable than EY cards but does anyone know which is the best in the UAE?
Old Jul 26, 18, 12:47 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist View Post
I stand corrected, I was referring to EY actually.
with regards to EK, their cards are less valuable than EY cards but does anyone know which is the best in the UAE?
Have a look at this as well from DIB

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...banks/dib.aspx

Search this Thread
Search Engine: