FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   UAE-based EK credit cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1921461-uae-based-ek-credit-cards.html)

Vitriol01 Jul 24, 18 3:24 am

UAE-based EK credit cards
 
Are any of these worth having? I moved over to EY a few years ago, but need to start travelling with EK again so figure I should get myself a local CC to boost miles-earning opportunities.

EYrevanchist Jul 24, 18 3:51 am


Originally Posted by Vitriol01 (Post 30007038)
Are any of these worth having? I moved over to EY a few years ago, but need to start travelling with EK again so figure I should get myself a local CC to boost miles-earning opportunities.

Best local card is the citi prestige

NoY Jul 24, 18 3:58 am


Originally Posted by EYrevanchist (Post 30007082)
Best local card is the citi prestige

Citi Prestige has nothing at all to do with collecting EK [email protected]:-)

Zol Jul 24, 18 7:17 am

Depends on where majority of your spending is, if its on emirates.ae then get the Emirates NBD card. If its international or domestic then for me the Citi Ultimate gives the best value.
If your spend is government, fuel and groceries then don't bother because you earn anything between nil to 25% and its capped.

ukdoctor Jul 24, 18 10:48 am

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...banks/dib.aspx

Might be worth having a look at this one. FT member Sc0TTy had posted about this new card on the UK MBNA thread.

I feel it would be much more useful on this thread.

weld3z Jul 24, 18 4:52 pm

AMEX is the best card for spending 1 mile for every $ on every thing, its free if you spend 15000AED first three month or 40000AED.
The bounce is 5000 miles but its totally free 40k is easy plus you dont need any salary certificate you can open it with 21000AED
They have great offers all the time now Double points for every$ abroad until mid September
Keep it in your wallet its a great card if you want help PM me

kelix Jul 25, 18 12:21 pm


Originally Posted by weld3z (Post 30009673)
AMEX is the best card for spending 1 mile for every $ on every thing, its free if you spend 15000AED first three month or 40000AED.
The bounce is 5000 miles but its totally free 40k is easy plus you dont need any salary certificate you can open it with 21000AED
They have great offers all the time now Double points for every$ abroad until mid September
Keep it in your wallet its a great card if you want help PM me

1 mile per $ is not very good.

Citi prestige is 3 points per $1 on international TX and 2 per $ for local spend.

NBAD card is close too with just under this earn rate but can be good for those that burn 200k AED per annum as you get a 75% off points voucher for 2 PAX, return, in any class.

Lkaroo Jul 25, 18 1:10 pm


Originally Posted by kelix (Post 30012526)
1 mile per $ is not very good.

Citi prestige is 3 points per $1 on international TX and 2 per $ for local spend.

NBAD card is close too with just under this earn rate but can be good for those that burn 200k AED per annum as you get a 75% off points voucher for 2 PAX, return, in any class.

Emirates is not a transfer partner of the Citi Prestige card unless something has changed?

https://www.citibank.ae/uae/consumer...m?icid=AECCLN6

NoY Jul 25, 18 9:45 pm


Originally Posted by Lkaroo (Post 30012690)
Emirates is not a transfer partner of the Citi Prestige card unless something has changed?

https://www.citibank.ae/uae/consumer...m?icid=AECCLN6

True. But Kelix was correcting the inaccuracy of Amex $/points earning being the best available in the market which, of course, it is not.

EYrevanchist Jul 25, 18 11:17 pm

I stand corrected, I was referring to EY actually.
with regards to EK, their cards are less valuable than EY cards but does anyone know which is the best in the UAE?

ukdoctor Jul 26, 18 12:47 am


Originally Posted by EYrevanchist (Post 30014235)
I stand corrected, I was referring to EY actually.
with regards to EK, their cards are less valuable than EY cards but does anyone know which is the best in the UAE?

Have a look at this as well from DIB


https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...banks/dib.aspx


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:42 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.