Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK416 DXB-SYD (777-300ER) - New Interiors?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I am contemplating whether to upgrade to first to try out the new first class suites. I have an upcoming flight (I believe this time is also a fairly new connection).

EK0416 from Dubai to Sydney. The lady on the phone told me it looks like they have suites and therefore it will be the new interiors but she can't promise as this might change due to operational reasons.

Has anyone flown the 777 between Dubai to Sydney that doesn't stop over in BKK (EK416) who could share which aircraft interior they had?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Armin
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by tusho
Hi all,

I am contemplating whether to upgrade to first to try out the new first class suites. I have an upcoming flight (I believe this time is also a fairly new connection).

EK0416 from Dubai to Sydney. The lady on the phone told me it looks like they have suites and therefore it will be the new interiors but she can't promise as this might change due to operational reasons.

Has anyone flown the 777 between Dubai to Sydney that doesn't stop over in BKK (EK416) who could share which aircraft interior they had?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Armin
All aircraft have suites in F just some have the new suite. Looking at historical data since it was switched to a 77W at the beginning of the month, the older/est frames have been operating the route which will have the old F suite and most likely the old J. The new F is really only available on select routes to Europe (I believe so that consistent daily service with one frame per route where as ULR flights would require 2 frames).
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:15 am

EK have only 6 B777 with the new first class suites…..and they are used on flights to FRA, STN, GVA 2x and BRU 2x.

Off-Topic, interesting is that the airplane lands at 17:20 LT at SYD, and only departs the next day at 16:05 LT.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
So far not even the new J has flown this rotation - it's the angle flats and not the lie flats.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for the response, good info. I will let you all know once I had my trip. One of the new B777 also flew via DXB and MUC recently, my mum took that and was impressed.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by tusho
Thanks guys for the response, good info. I will let you all know once I had my trip. One of the new B777 also flew via DXB and MUC recently, my mum took that and was impressed.
This six routes have new First Class:

EK33/34 (London-Stansted)
EK43/44 (Frankfurt)
EK83/84 (Genf)
EK89/90 (Genf)
EK181/182 (Brüssel)
Ek183/184 (Brüssel)
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kölner
This six routes have new First Class:

EK33/34 (London-Stansted)
EK43/44 (Frankfurt)
EK83/84 (Genf)
EK89/90 (Genf)
EK181/182 (Brüssel)
Ek183/184 (Brüssel)
Again with the German Kölner
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
Again with the German Kölner
In both countries German is spoken. 😏
Brüssel = Bruxelles
Genf = Geneve
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: EK Plat, OWE (BA), *A Gold (TK), EY Gold*
I flew back from Brussels in the last few weeks on a brand new 777-300ER. The new Biz class is a MASSIVE improvement over the crappy angled lie-flat outdated 1990's awfulness of the majority of the rest of the current EK 777 fleet.

Overall, the seats are a HUGE improvement comfort wise, albeit they get sweaty without the mattress. Having just done a couple of Oz flights in the last month on ancient 777's, it would have made a big difference on these aircraft. The screens are also improved (better quality). The washrooms are also much improved.

That said, the in-seat minibar is a complete waste of space, weight and money - and the seats are rubbish if travelling with a companion. You cannot hold a conversation with the person next to you unless you are both hunched forward significantly in your seat.

Also, the continued dreaded middle middle seat (E) remains just awful - like a coffin. High walls and trapped on both sides. This means that 3 seats in total (A, E & K) still involve clambering over your reclined neighbour. Not good for a supposed "premium" J class in 2018. EK business class is not cheap.

The F suites look decent but much of a muchness over the previous suites - a lot of the 'improvements' seem to me cosmetic. Overall the new planes have upped the 'bling' which is a pity as I feel they could have spent less and achieved more of a move forwards (e.g. the minibars in the J seats are a complete waste of money and space).

You can tell the new 777-300s which have the new F as there are only 6 suites in F and 42 seats in J. Why they are not launching these on the ULR routes I have no idea.... The 777 fleet of EK just doesn't stand up to the competition at all re comfort.

Happy flying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.