Community
Wiki Posts
Search

myIdTravel confusing as heck!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

myIdTravel confusing as heck!

Recently found out I can book through myIdTravel website because of the company I work for. Maybe you guys can chime in on this issue I am having... When booking, I can't seem to put in my home city (YUL) with Emirates (only flies from YYZ), I am guessing this site is not a like an expedia where they book all the legs together? Air Canada, WestJet fly from YUL > YYZ with the discount, do I need to book that separate?

Also, has anyone flown on Emeriates YYZ > DXB? What are my chances of getting a seat on standby?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by etihad999
Recently found out I can book through myIdTravel website because of the company I work for. Maybe you guys can chime in on this issue I am having... When booking, I can't seem to put in my home city (YUL) with Emirates (only flies from YYZ), I am guessing this site is not a like an expedia where they book all the legs together? Air Canada, WestJet fly from YUL > YYZ with the discount, do I need to book that separate?

Also, has anyone flown on Emeriates YYZ > DXB? What are my chances of getting a seat on standby?
Most of the people here won't be familiar with ID travel, let alone the website. Maybe ask your colleagues?

As for YYZ-DXB, it's typically a busy route given that it's EK's only destination to Canada and flies only 3 times per week. At least it's an A380! I assume you don't work with EK, so you won't be top of the standby list, either.

When are you traveling? For what it's worth, seats are available for sale for this week YYZ-DXB, but Y looks full for DXB-YYZ (summer migration).
etihad999 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
If you are able to book staff travel your questions should be able to be answered through your staff travel site and are probably not best asked or answered here. In brief, you'll be booking point-to-point non connecting tickets (ie. a ticket on your 'own' carrier from YUL > YYZ and EK ticket from YYZ > DXB - with the added complication of luggage won't be checked through unless you are confirmed on both flights etc.) I assume that you can see loads on the YUL > YYZ sector to know if you are likely to get on? For YYZ > DXB the best way is either make friends with someone who works for EK (they can see loads 72 hours in advance), or use the flydirekt loads FB group, or use the StaffTravveler website. Keep in mind that on staff travel with any airline (particularly an ID90 ticket with OAL) you'll have a low boarding priority so cargo sometimes gets loaded before staff pax.
etihad999 likes this.

Last edited by ptr120; Jul 9, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by etihad999

I'm flying this route next week J class, will let you know how packed it is! From what I've been told, as others have mentioned, EK's only destination in Canada is YYZ, and being summer as well, it makes sense that flights are pretty loaded. I checked on expert flyer for the J class load on my flight, and believe it or not, it's about 85% full!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by flyer_sam
I'm flying this route next week J class, will let you know how packed it is! From what I've been told, as others have mentioned, EK's only destination in Canada is YYZ, and being summer as well, it makes sense that flights are pretty loaded. I checked on expert flyer for the J class load on my flight, and believe it or not, it's about 85% full!
Counting seats in EF though more accurate for J and F than Y is not reliable. There might be blocked seats which appear reserved in EF and there could be many more senior staff listed that are not included. Not sure how your benefits work but generally if flying J it's a Y guaranteed with upgrade to J Ticket so your J depends on space available and most other staff would trump you
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Counting seats in EF though more accurate for J and F than Y is not reliable. There might be blocked seats which appear reserved in EF and there could be many more senior staff listed that are not included. Not sure how your benefits work but generally if flying J it's a Y guaranteed with upgrade to J Ticket so your J depends on space available and most other staff would trump you
Sorry, just to clarify, I'm not an employee of any company, just replying that I'm also flying the YYZ-DXB route. On a side note, I was told that at YYZ there is an Emirates Ticket Desk. Would you know if they might offer a cash upgrade? I called and they said at the moment, cost for the one leg upgrade from J to F is $6K+, but another employee once told me that the airport might offer you the special cash upgrade rate that is generally $900. Thought to ask!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:20 pm

Sorry, just to clarify, I'm not an employee of any company, just replying that I'm also flying the YYZ-DXB route. On a side note, I was told that at YYZ there is an Emirates Ticket Desk. Would you know if they might offer a cash upgrade? I called and they said at the moment, cost for the one leg upgrade from J to F is $6K+, but another employee once told me that the airport might offer you the special cash upgrade rate that is generally $900. Thought to ask!
Generally at the airport ticketing office you'd pay the fare difference, a discounted upgrade might be sent out by e-mail a few days before the flight.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Generally at the airport ticketing office you'd pay the fare difference, a discounted upgrade might be sent out by e-mail a few days before the flight.
So you don’t think they’ll offer any special upgrade fares during check in? The last I checked, they are 8 seats still available in F class..
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:55 pm

So you don’t think they’ll offer any special upgrade fares during check in? The last I checked, they are 8 seats still available in F class..
No they won't

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.