Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

A380 'small' cabin business class seating

Old Jun 16, 18, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50, KLM Silver

I have finally booked our first flight with Emirates and wanted to ask for some feedback for those of you who have experienced the cabin in the rear of the A380.
I have reserved 24B & 25A and wonder if there is a lot of noise from the bar area in the back.
Instead I would also be able to still get 14 & 16 A which are both "true window" seats.
It doesn't seem to be an issue but maybe someone here has some first hand experience.
Our route is DXB - JNB.

Thanks everyone!
Old Jun 16, 18, 10:24 am

Lots of people tend to sleep during the day flight so noise tends to not be big issue from my experience, however you may get a lot of foot traffic depending on load.
Old Jun 16, 18, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MT_Switch View Post
Lots of people tend to sleep during the day flight so noise tends to not be big issue from my experience, however you may get a lot of foot traffic depending on load.
Thank you MT_Switch. Did you mean to write "night flight" instead of "day flight"? I would think that most people are awake during the day and our flight is actually a day flight, departing at 10:00am arriving in JNB in the afternoon.
Old Jun 16, 18, 11:01 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by yvrcnx View Post
I have finally booked our first flight with Emirates and wanted to ask for some feedback for those of you who have experienced the cabin in the rear of the A380.
I have reserved 24B & 25A and wonder if there is a lot of noise from the bar area in the back.
Instead I would also be able to still get 14 & 16 A which are both "true window" seats.
It doesn't seem to be an issue but maybe someone here has some first hand experience.
Our route is DXB - JNB.

Thanks everyone!
You'll be fine in those seats. Done that flights a few times and never experienced a lot of noise from (or even pax in) the bar. Quite a few pax will have connected from other flights and just want peace and quiet.
Old Jun 16, 18, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by XXTSGR View Post

You'll be fine in those seats. Done that flights a few times and never experienced a lot of noise from (or even pax in) the bar. Quite a few pax will have connected from other flights and just want peace and quiet.
Thank you XXTSGR, that's great, I'll keep the seats we have and enjoy the ride.
Old Jun 16, 18, 12:43 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
23A or 23K are my favorite seats in business. Definitely more quite and private as other seats....
Old Jun 16, 18, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daandeluxe View Post
23A or 23K are my favorite seats in business. Definitely more quite and private as other seats....
Those would have been my first choice for one of us but are not available anymore on this particular flight. Maybe something opens up during online check- in.
Old Jun 16, 18, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by yvrcnx View Post
Thank you MT_Switch. Did you mean to write "night flight" instead of "day flight"? I would think that most people are awake during the day and our flight is actually a day flight, departing at 10:00am arriving in JNB in the afternoon.
No I mean day flight. People are awake for the meal service, after that they either tend to be watching the ife or sleeping. Of course this isn't the case for all flights, just what I have experienced.
yvrcnx likes this.
Old Jun 17, 18, 5:40 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
You can always be unlucky
Old Jun 17, 18, 3:47 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Daandeluxe View Post
By physical structure, seats at the back are more noisy (engine noise) and more shaky.
Just saying.
yvrcnx likes this.
Old Jun 17, 18, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ioto1902 View Post
By physical structure, seats at the back are more noisy (engine noise) and more shaky.
Just saying.
Very true but that won't be an issue especially on the A380.
Last year we had the chance of flying on the A350 as well as the A380, both with SQ and while we loved the ride on the A380, we missed the nice sound of the A350's engines at take off, so a little more engine noise on the A380 will be good for us.
Old Jun 18, 18, 4:52 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I have to say that these days I have not noticed any difference that would affect my choice of seat due to engine noise. The concept of the smaller cabin on the 380 is one I like so you just need to hope that you are not unlucky with a noisy bar
Old Jun 20, 18, 1:54 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Me and Mrs.Ukdoctor are on 23A and 25A for our next EK trip in august .

We used to take the middle row EF seats but found them to be a bit boxed in as neither of us will have a window. A and K seats are way better especially 23 A or 23 K.

Regarding the noise , I haven' t felt any issues on a night flight . Day flights ex MAN can be a bit rowdy especially if some of our members are around ;-)

However If you can't beat them join them :-)

​​​​​​Since it is a day flight we will be in the bar area for most of the time anyway. ;-)
skywardhunter and Paolo1972 like this.
Old Jun 20, 18, 4:37 am

Hmm. My day flight from DUS - DXB will be in an A380. I am pondering hard wether to get 20K or 23A/K. I choose 20K for now because I read on Lucky's blog that the mini cabin is not really recommended and service in the bigger cabin is better? Yet on 20K I have the risk to be either booted off for a child.

I have changed my seat between 20K and 23A multiple times now and I cant make my mind up. Though I will most likely be using the bar and do not want to sleep at all so I can sleep on my second leg in an (I think older) 777-300 from DXB-HAN.

Such first world problems.... can somebody perhaps assist me in cutting the rope and make my seat selection final .
Old Jun 20, 18, 5:38 am

Programs: EK Gold
I know it's each to their own - and there are proponents for both front and back of Business cabin - however my preference is always as far forward as possible.
Saves the foot traffic to and from the bar along with the hint of bar noise should it be a busy flight.
Give me 10A over 25A any day (or flight) of the week.
ghostwrita likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: