Children's meals in J?

Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
Children's meals in J?

Hello!

Flying Emriates business class Mumbai to Seattle soon with my 3 kids.

The Emirates website says that 48 hours out my children's meals will automatically be changed from standard to kids meals.

Does anyone know whether they will be able to order from the regular menu? Are there adequate meals on board for this? My kids are really looking forward to ordering (non Indian) food from the menu.

thanks
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: EK, JP
You can see the menu for your flight on the Emirates website for the month of travel. Have a look and if the kids find something they want, I would call EK and request a standard meal for them the day before departure.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Harry Harry
Hello!

Flying Emriates business class Mumbai to Seattle soon with my 3 kids.

The Emirates website says that 48 hours out my children's meals will automatically be changed from standard to kids meals.

Does anyone know whether they will be able to order from the regular menu? Are there adequate meals on board for this? My kids are really looking forward to ordering (non Indian) food from the menu.

thanks
If you order a Child's Meal (or any Special Meal), you are generally unable to order from the menu.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage
If you order a Child's Meal (or any Special Meal), you are generally unable to order from the menu.
Crew is often accommodating, however OP is also indicating that they are not ordering the Children's Meal but rather it is being auto assigned
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Crew is often accommodating, however OP is also indicating that they are not ordering the Children's Meal but rather it is being auto assigned
Crew tries to be accommodating, but 3 kids + ULH...you'll be left with the bottom of the choice list. This auto-assign thing is a bit odd, OP should call in and ensure Standard Meal. I doubt you can force a child-meal onto someone as there may be other dietary needs (veg, allergies, etc)
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
Thanks all! I'll be calling Emirates this weekend!
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage
Crew tries to be accommodating, but 3 kids + ULH...you'll be left with the bottom of the choice list. This auto-assign thing is a bit odd, OP should call in and ensure Standard Meal. I doubt you can force a child-meal onto someone as there may be other dietary needs (veg, allergies, etc)
Probably doesn't override a SPML selection

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.