Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Advice: Emirates Business or Qatar Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice: Emirates Business or Qatar Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
To be honest not much in it.

I too think both the QR 787 seat and the EK A380 seats are both very good seats as above but I did not like the EK 777 with 2-3-2 layout but at the same time I was very pleased that on my last flights with Qatar the equipment was changed from the 330 to a 787 on both legs.
Dine anytime is certainly a great concept.
Much preferred the lounge in Dubai and the choice of food was superb (would eat there and not on the plane)
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:52 am

I've been a strong advocate for Emirates for years but sadly the 777 seat cannot compete with QR except against the A330 QR fleet which is used for shorter flights. The A380 from Emirates is the only real benefit for your flights but I would probably opt for QR as they have a better soft and hard product. If possible try route your flight so you can get on the QR A380 as it has a bar too!

That said for me, Emirates are the best airline that service my local airport and I will continue to fly with them.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Hehe i had to check that i was still on the EK Skywards forum section with all this support for QR. I would also go with QR tbh, the STPC on the QR is pretty decent - so i hear. I am flying QR in 4 days on the 787 and with an STPC, so will fully report back if i still think QR is the better option in J.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
The only reason I still fly Emirates biz is that I use miles to upgrade - once I've used up my miles QR is definitely better. The other reason for choosing one over the other is based on the schedule - a few of the QR flights have very long stopovers in Doha which I'd prefer to avoid. Otherwise, I agree with the previous comments that in terms of quality, QR is better in Biz.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:00 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
When I ditched SAA some years ago, I looked at both EK and QR. QR offered the same fares to Europe from CPT as EK, but only with ridiculous connections (>8 hours). Better connections (if available) were always much more expensive than EK (talking J here). So we became form EK customers. We fly mainly to AMS and LGW and with QR now having started a LGW service I'll look at it again. But it would have to be significantly more attractive price wise to make me switch. Sure, the EK 77W J seat / layout is not the best in the sky, but I can sleep comfortably in it. In the end (although I am a self confessed avgeek), it is still a mode or transport to me and as such schedule plays an important role. With three daily CPT and LGW and 2 daily AMS rotations I find EK generally a far better bet.

(wonders when he will have to eat his words......)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Yep. QR all-round is better, although my first few flights with QR were shocking. I only persevere with EK because I’m based in DXB, and transiting through DOH is all but impossible now, and also EK fly to more places.

But onboard, hard and soft, QR is better. Only the lounge in DXB is clearly better.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
I have to admit that the gap is closing now that QR are flying out of LGW but EK still has my vote. Although I was very happy with my QR flight to Sydney in J last November it was the handling of the long delay on the return and the total lack of communication that made me decide not to go with QR again. If they introduced CD as well as continuing to fly from LGW then I might reconsider and of course they do give pyjamas in J where EK do not!! I agree with other posters that the Dubai lounges are superior to the Doha ones.

Last edited by JudeS; Jun 20, 2018 at 2:23 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:59 am

Hello Redneck,
why do not you consider Qatar+ program it offers free stay in Doha:
...Qatar Airways transit passengers have the opportunity to explore Qatar with our range of stopover options including a free hotel stay or two-night stay offers for bookings until 28 December 2018 and travel up to 31 December 2018. ..
details: www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html (I cannot post full link)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.