Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

DXB midnight sleeping options at airport ?

Old Jun 9, 18, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Flight EK Iím looking gets me into Dbx at midnight. I will be flying in F and I have stop over in Dubai for coupe days before going on. Since my flight get in midnight I donít feel like going into town that late. Can I use the lounge to sleep or are there any hotel in dbx that I can crash and head out early morning to check into hotels in town? Any issues with immigration control? Thanks
Old Jun 10, 18, 12:00 am

Programs: SPGMarriott Plat, AS 75K. EK Gold (omg!)
Originally Posted by flybie View Post
Flight EK I’m looking gets me into Dbx at midnight. I will be flying in F and I have stop over in Dubai for coupe days before going on. Since my flight get in midnight I don’t feel like going into town that late. Can I use the lounge to sleep or are there any hotel in dbx that I can crash and head out early morning to check into hotels in town? Any issues with immigration control? Thanks
​​​​​​​I think my biggest concern would be your bags - since you are staying in DXB for two days your bags will be offloaded and will be at the belt waiting for you. Dubai hotels expect people to check in at all hours of the day and night so I wouldn't worry too much about that - and flying F you get Chauffeur Drive to take you to your hotel. Just pre-arrange your check-in time with the hotel and you'll be set. It'll be seamless.

You won't have lounge access as you won't have a boarding pass for your onward flight and if you're willing to spend the money for the on-airport hotel then you certainly make your way to your "final destination" hotel.
Old Jun 10, 18, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Iím using miles to get the ticket so there will be no chauffeur. My onward flight is the same ticket boarding pass in F as well to USA. Does that make any difference? I also wonít check any bags.

I just donít want to deal with taxi after long haul flight and itís midnight. Maybe itís not huge deal like you said.
Old Jun 10, 18, 1:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Which miles? If EK Miles you still get CD.

DXB Taxis are legit and comfortable, and the drive into downtown DXB is 15 mins. You may have to queue for 2 mimutes for a taxi
Old Jun 10, 18, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by flybie View Post
Flight EK Iím looking gets me into Dbx at midnight. I will be flying in F and I have stop over in Dubai for coupe days before going on. Since my flight get in midnight I donít feel like going into town that late. Can I use the lounge to sleep or are there any hotel in dbx that I can crash and head out early morning to check into hotels in town? Any issues with immigration control? Thanks
Lounge access (with BP) is 24 hours before flight.
Immigration depends on nationality....which would affect not only entry into UAE but also long transit in airport .