Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates high street - don't bother!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 10:45 am
Original Poster

I had some a few thousand miles expiring so thought i'd just use them up on the Emirates high street website. Word of warning - i woudnt bother!

Got charged a fortune in postage. Turns out i could have bought the same item from Amazon (prime so free postage) for practically the same price!

Probably should have checked this pre-purchase, but i was having a lazy afternoon!
Old May 31, 2018, 12:35 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I like these threads.... "I messed up so, I'll advise everyone else not to bother "...

If you're in Dubai (as a lot of EK passengers are), I believe the postage is a lot more reasonable.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

lol i didn't realise i 'messed' up until after i put the order through.

I didnt quite mess up, as those points had about 5 hours left to expire, but the postage and packaging to the uk alone was basically the same price as buying the item in the first place.

So all i'm saying is that the website is a bif of a rip-off.....perhaps unless you live in the UAE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.