Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

New snacks in Y galleys on long-hauls

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold

Currently on 773 from CPT to DXB (in Y ) and they've got a new snack box with a selection of around 5 chocolates (including kit kats, bounty and I think snickers) as well as a muesli bar.

Confirmed with crew this is new, not specific to Ramadan and on long-hauls flights.

Nice enhancement (not in the BA sense).

In other news, they've run out of Tiger.
daisymay2 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:31 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
In other news, they've run out of Tiger.
They probably we’re not aware you were on that flight when they loaded the Tiger.....
Old May 24, 2018, 2:42 pm

I've never noted snacks in J on the 777, do emirates offer this? When flying J in BA, the snack selection is surprisingly good!
Old May 24, 2018, 11:14 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Is this the same as the sort of wicker tray with fruit and muesli bars with some chocolates?Usually from SYD to DXB those kind of trays are available and have been for a few years. Is this different? I can't remember the last time I was in Y between EU and DXB so I don't know what its like there, would be interested to know if anyone gets them? Those are mid-haul flights though.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Currently on 773 from CPT to DXB (in Y ) and they've got a new snack box with a selection of around 5 chocolates (including kit kats, bounty and I think snickers) as well as a muesli bar.
They have always had chocolate bars in Y on ULH flights to the US for several years now, both A380 (JFK) and 773 (BOS), my usual routes. Kit-Kats, Bounty, and Mars are typically the ones on offer along with fruits (pears + bananas).. Snickers has never once been offered (nut allergy?) which is what I would look forward to, so that would be a welcome change. They recently expanded the selection with a couple of fruit/ granola bars. Nice to know that they are planning on it across their fleet.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
It's a red cardboard box with several "lanes" and Welcome in various languages printed along a headboard
Old May 25, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
It's a red cardboard box with several "lanes" and Welcome in various languages printed along a headboard
Correct - the red box is new. Noticed that on my previous couple of flights.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by F10GLA
I've never noted snacks in J on the 777, do emirates offer this? When flying J in BA, the snack selection is surprisingly good!
Puting a carton box of treats in one corner is not very chic. I hope EK will never allow this (in J).
At least they should display them on metallic trays as on A388.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.