Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Flying Emirates with pilot shortages worsening this summer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Emirates with pilot shortages worsening this summer

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 10:56 am

Being based out of GLA, I have rarely flown on the A380 and have specifically picked my flight from Singapore as I wanted to fly on the A380. I will be very disappointed if the equipment is changed to the 777. That said the flight is coming in from Melbourne so I think it should still be the A380..
Old May 24, 2018, 11:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by F10GLA
Being based out of GLA, I have rarely flown on the A380 and have specifically picked my flight from Singapore as I wanted to fly on the A380. I will be very disappointed if the equipment is changed to the 777. That said the flight is coming in from Melbourne so I think it should still be the A380..
Don't worry - it won't be changed. The storage of airframes has been going on for a number of years, especially around Ramadan and the quieter summer months - it's nothing new.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Related to pilot shortages how?
OP was in wondering about the equipment being changed to the 777
Old May 25, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by amnicoll
OP was in wondering about the equipment being changed to the 777
Hm true. But again, they're short of 777 pilots, have been for years. There's nowhere competitive to go for 380 pilots. The Chinese airlines offer better pay and commute but that's not always an overall better package. Especially as there are supposedly issues with the captain not actually being in a command if a Chinese captain is also onboard (even if not the captain of that flight, but just a relief pilot), as well as terrible air space congestions, ATC issues, safety concerns and other such stuff.

380 swaps happen because of load, not shortages.
Old May 25, 2018, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
...as there are supposedly issues with the captain not actually being in a command if a Chinese captain is also onboard (even if not the captain of that flight, but just a relief pilot)...
Would this be true of Emirates if they also had an Emirati captain with his family name ending in Al Maktoum ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.