Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class food option

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Business Class food option

Hi folks,

Have an upcoming business class flight from India to Dubai. Wondering if I should order Indian veg or western vegan.

How is the western vegan in business?

Cheers
Old May 15, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by airbuddy108
Hi folks,

Have an upcoming business class flight from India to Dubai. Wondering if I should order Indian veg or western vegan.

How is the western vegan in business?

Cheers
Neither of those are names of EK Special meals. Have you looked at the dining menu for your flight to see if any of the regular options suit you?
Old May 15, 2018, 9:31 am
Original Poster

I just checked and they are valid options. If I would not like my special meal could I still go back to the regular served meal?
Old May 15, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by airbuddy108
I just checked and they are valid options. If I would not like my special meal could I still go back to the regular served meal?
They must have updated them, cool.

Generally yes but they'd want to make sure everyone else got served first.

It used to be ovo-lacto vegetarian, vegan or Asian vegetarian, then they removed the ovo-lacto. Must have now reintroduced it as western
Old May 15, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Cannot get new password link

See this thread where special meal options were discussed:

Emirates needs to cut down on special meals

I ordered a special meal on my last business flight last month as the new menu hadn't been released. I opted for a standard meal on board and this wasn't a problem.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, EK Skywards Blue, EY Guest Blue
I've ordered a "western" vegan meal sometime last year flying J from DXB to BCN.

Was served a gluten free muffin for continental breakfast and a soup, salad, with spinach ravioli main for lunch . It was filling but not substantial. This is when the snacks at the bar come in handy

Vegan meals from India can actually be Indian vegetarian flavours but without dairy. The quality ex-India for Asian Vegetarian meals is a bit of a mixed bag. The lounge at BOM has amazing food if you are originating there. However, the quality from DXB for Asian Vegetarian meals has been dropping massively.

Bottom line : If it is a short flight I would eat at the lounges and skip the onboard meal altogether (save for dessert, which is always nice on EK)
Old May 16, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I would also certainly recommend eating in the lounge at Dubai on return - the food was superb with masses of choice.

Sure you can order special and revert to ordinary but as above it would depend on it still being available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.