Personal greetings

Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:11 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
8 flights, 12 greetings here! Even as a scum gold member.

I think it's your face
Or just doesn't remember if he was greeted or not
m3red likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:05 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
When flying Y into DXB, I always get a greeting when they give me the Fast Track card (although last time the purser came to inform me that they would be giving me a Fast Track card but it never materialised ). Don't really need the Fast Track card as with a J label on your carry on the usher at the entrance of the Fast Track lane lets you through anyway.

On all other flights, it is I would say about 80% greeting (apart from at the door when I always get a 'welcome back' remark). My wife, who also is Gold, once used the 'if there is anything we can do for you' promise by insisting on getting her first choice meal. " You said to tell me if there was anything you could do for me. Well, please can you get me my first choice meal". She is usually quite demure so I was quite surprised (and proud of her) when she told me afterwards.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
When flying Y into DXB, I always get a greeting when they give me the Fast Track card (although last time the purser came to inform me that they would be giving me a Fast Track card but it never materialised ). Don't really need the Fast Track card as with a J label on your carry on the usher at the entrance of the Fast Track lane lets you through anyway.

On all other flights, it is I would say about 80% greeting (apart from at the door when I always get a 'welcome back' remark). My wife, who also is Gold, once used the 'if there is anything we can do for you' promise by insisting on getting her first choice meal. " You said to tell me if there was anything you could do for me. Well, please can you get me my first choice meal". She is usually quite demure so I was quite surprised (and proud of her) when she told me afterwards.
I believe they've done away with fast track cards. Didn't get on on Sunday and used mobile BP at the immigration fast track. Didn't see anyone using them either
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:59 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I believe they've done away with fast track cards. Didn't get on on Sunday and used mobile BP at the immigration fast track. Didn't see anyone using them either
Oh dear, I have a big stash of these things. Always get them but never use. Keep for a rainy (=Blue) day.
But if they don’t hand them out anymore they probably won’t accept them either.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:18 am
Zol

Oh dear, I have a big stash of these things. Always get them but never use. Keep for a rainy (=Blue) day.
I'd wager at them working anyway. Happened to me once at AUH, was handed a fast track card onboard but had an old format one in my carry on which I thought best use now and save the "new" for a rainy day. Officer at immigration, turned it over looked at his colleague and said to him in Arabic "look at this guy with his fast track from 1980".
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:19 am
Zol

For a data point I haven't had a greeting in F, J or Y as a Gold or Silver in the last 3 or 4 years. Don't really care as its a tick in the box for them and doubt they will go out of the way to do anything for you anymore unlike the old days
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS

I still receive them (last time was 28 November). I also store them but never use them myself because I use SmartGate at DXB. I sometimes give them to friends travelling in Y.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by BadoRas
I still receive them (last time was 28 November). I also store them but never use them myself because I use SmartGate at DXB. I sometimes give them to friends travelling in Y.
I think it's a very recent change, first heard about it last week
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:48 am

Ok, I missed that.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:53 am

Into cardboard recycling they all go!!!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I think it's a very recent change, first heard about it last week
said fast track on mY BP inbound to Dubai on Friday
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Skywards
Can confirm that they've done away with Fast Track cards as I asked a crew member onboard and he said they stopped them and I should use my BP instead and he was right, they checked my BP at Dubai immigration.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
I just came back from a DXB - KWI flight and had the opportunity to chat with an EK crew. I asked her about the gold privileges (I told her I read stories online that you can request a first class dessert if you are flying in economy and she denied that this was possible.)

I then asked her if I can get a pillow from business class and again denied. I finally asked her if at least I can get dental/shaving kits from the lavatories and again she denied.

I then told her then the only benefit is the personal greeting (which literally means nothing if such requests are declined) and then she just said that I can upgrade onboard if I'm a GOLD member.......

After this flight I should be silver now, but not really sure if gold is worth spending extra for or I should stay in silver...... Anyways just wanted to share my experience here.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by aceboy44
I just came back from a DXB - KWI flight and had the opportunity to chat with an EK crew. I asked her about the gold privileges (I told her I read stories online that you can request a first class dessert if you are flying in economy and she denied that this was possible.)

I then asked her if I can get a pillow from business class and again denied. I finally asked her if at least I can get dental/shaving kits from the lavatories and again she denied.

I then told her then the only benefit is the personal greeting (which literally means nothing if such requests are declined) and then she just said that I can upgrade onboard if I'm a GOLD member.......

After this flight I should be silver now, but not really sure if gold is worth spending extra for or I should stay in silver...... Anyways just wanted to share my experience here.
Please let me know where these benefits are stated? https://www.emirates.com/english/sky...-benefits.aspx

You're not even Silver, yet you requested all these things, which are not benefits even for Gold members (not even unofficially).

You're right, what's the point of Gold status, who needs worldwide lounge access, priority call centre support (for what, if one can take an expensive taxi to a local sales office instead), seat guarantee, priority baggage, free seats, free unlimited WiFi, bonus miles. Good call asking an inexperienced FA who's never experienced the Skywards programme and likely has no interest in it what benefits you get
DYKWIA, thijsseh, pierreza and 3 others like this.

Last edited by skywardhunter; Dec 11, 2018 at 10:40 am
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Can confirm that they've done away with Fast Track cards as I asked a crew member onboard and he said they stopped them and I should use my BP instead and he was right, they checked my BP at Dubai immigration.
I'm another one who experienced this, but in transit for me last week. Asked on board when I hadn't received one and was told they'd been stopped. Invite would be on my boarding card but wasn't. Nobody seemed to notice anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.