Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal greetings

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by simons1
I'm not aware it has changed. It seems to happen on almost every flight, unless I manage to spot the greeter moving down the cabin in enough time to get the earplugs in and pretend to be asleep.
Why pretend to be asleep ? They are just trying to do their job right. Some more convincing than others ...
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
Why pretend to be asleep ? They are just trying to do their job right. Some more convincing than others ...
Because I dislike that phony "it's good to see you again Mr.....er, er, er...[insert rustling of manifest]" stuff while others around you sit gorping.

A quick 'hello' at the door is enough for me. If I need anything I will ask.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
I used to ask for a J class pillow in Y. Was always given to me until a few months ago. “Sorry sir, other pax may become jealous.” - isn’t that the point? 😜
Ryanardo_daVinci likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
On occasion when I've actually had the same crew (happened last year on EK in/out of OSL 10 days apart, also happened at other times on QR, TG, SK) it is nice to be greeted and remembered by the crew. That time with EK, the load was very light (in J) so I actually moved across to the other side of the aircraft to have the same crew member as on the previous flight.

Having said that its a while since I was Gold (when I did get, but without asking, chocolates and champagne in Y). I did ask for Dom, but since F had only 1 pax who wasn't drinking it, they hadn't opened any. I think in the past I've asked for dessert wine (they only have port in J, if I remember correctly, or maybe that was LH) and they've been quite obliging.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
I am continuing to experience less and less frequency of greetings. In my last 8 long-haul flights, I have been 'welcomed' by the supervisor/purser only once.
Maybe I am very unlucky, or maybe this is just another sign of the level of service (on Economy at least) going down down down.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by josep
I am continuing to experience less and less frequency of greetings. In my last 8 long-haul flights, I have been 'welcomed' by the supervisor/purser only once.
Maybe I am very unlucky, or maybe this is just another sign of the level of service (on Economy at least) going down down down.
I get greetings almost every time, including recently, sometimes if I'm asleep I wake up to find a fast track card
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I am only blue now. However I did 8 flights on EK over the last 2 months.

On every flight that I was in J or Y , the purser did come and welcome gold and plats .

I was in F in one of the flights and not sure if there was a welcome.

The only thing I miss about the downgrade from former gold is being able to cheekily ask for F slippers while in J when they come for the personal greeting. Never been refused ;-). Majority of the time I used to get the Pajamas as well .

PS: I never used to ask for anything while in Y but have been given F slippers once and some J champagne once. (Suppose it was in the note ).Unlike in J there is less personal space in Y and I found it a bit uncomfortable asking for J stuff when there are several people around as I usually sit on the window seat.

Even in J the slippers were given very discreetly in a duty free bag. Not sure if that is still the Modus Operandi ;-).

I still carry a pair of disposable slippers on every flight as my feet swell up due to medical condition .

I can force my shoes on and that is what I do am hour or so before landing. However for a quick trip to the loo or bar mid flight the slippers are great..

​​​​​​
​​​​
​​​​

Last edited by ukdoctor; Dec 1, 2018 at 12:33 pm
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Same. I didn't even realize the first couple of times that they did not greet me. The greeting didn't happen twice in the last 6 flights, and in the last flight they greeted me well into the flight, maybe at 3/4th distance, so it wasn't really a greeting but almost like an after thought.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
All my EK flights have been UK-DXB-India .

In fact I have never travelled on any other EK route..:-(

I am a keen observer of service etc and the crew did do a personal greeting of every Gold and plat on almost all flights i flew last 2 months ( J on 5, Y on 2 and F on 1)

Maybe your flights were status heavy ?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
My experience is similar, June to September I had 8 flights, 0 greetings.

Since October I’ve had 6 flights, 6 greetings.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
My experience is similar, June to September I had 8 flights, 0 greetings.

Since October I’ve had 6 flights, 6 greetings.
zero greetings on our flights to Mauritius 😂
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by m3red

zero greetings on our flights to Mauritius 😂
8 flights, 12 greetings here! Even as a scum gold member.

I think it's your face
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
8 flights, 12 greetings here! Even as a scum gold member.

I think it's your face
i don’t care for the greeting at all.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by m3red

i don’t care for the greeting at all.
Real life version of Andi Peters "WELCOME TO ICE"
m3red likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Real life version of Andi Peters "WELCOME TO ICE"
He's been replaced...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.