Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates to start daily route to/from Edinburgh

Emirates to start daily route to/from Edinburgh

Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by OzTennis
Thanks for posting; link doesn't work (?) I got the message below. We're flying GLA-MEL in a few weeks, J first leg to DXB, F second leg to MEL after an upgrade. We could have travelled from EDI but GLA more suitable for 2 reasons - the superb GLA lounge and the earlier flight which gave better options for us of what flight from DXB and what time into MEL. Possibly a 3rd reason as we're right on the 70 miles as the crow flies for chaffeur drive to GLA, possible surcharges to EDI. (perhaps in time there will be a 'day' and a 'night' flight from EDI?

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Make sure you’ve typed the URL correctly, or try searching Vimeo. You could also watch one of the videos below instead.
Thanks for pointing it out, the
has now been fixed

In your case, it makes total sense. Im actually closer to GLA but wanted to try this route and take part in their triple miles offer
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Thanks for pointing it out, the link has now been fixed

In your case, it makes total sense. Im actually closer to GLA but wanted to try this route and take part in their triple miles offer
Excellent clip, thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:11 am

I have used Edinburgh with Qatar and Etihad, Thumbs up for Qatar, But Etihad Thumbs down, Just dont rate them.

Airport parking, Big plus, but the first time i booked in advance for 6 weeks and i think i paid £120 , When i returned, The ticket machine refused my ticket and asked for £1200 and more. After a phone call, Barrier was lifted.

Security was a nightmare, Anxiety levels up!!!
Used the No 1 lounge, you get what you pay for i guess, But avoided it the second time of using ED.
Was stopped on my return by customs trying to rush though with the cases and everything was OK considering the wife had a load of Thai food.

I would use it again due to the carparks and the viewing area from departures, Living near Carlisle, i get the choice of 4 airports
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by malct
I have used Edinburgh with Qatar and Etihad, Thumbs up for Qatar, But Etihad Thumbs down, Just dont rate them.

Airport parking, Big plus, but the first time i booked in advance for 6 weeks and i think i paid £120 , When i returned, The ticket machine refused my ticket and asked for £1200 and more. After a phone call, Barrier was lifted.

Security was a nightmare, Anxiety levels up!!!
Used the No 1 lounge, you get what you pay for i guess, But avoided it the second time of using ED.
Was stopped on my return by customs trying to rush though with the cases and everything was OK considering the wife had a load of Thai food.

I would use it again due to the carparks and the viewing area from departures, Living near Carlisle, i get the choice of 4 airports
So you've not done it with EK?
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:19 am

I was checking EDI lounges for a trip next week and noticed The No 1 Lounge is closed for refurbishment at the moment. Are Emirates using the Aspire Lounge or giving a restaurant voucher or anyting else during the closure?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:47 am

Emirates are using the BA lounge until the new lounge open
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Just got an email from EK offering discounts on this route. Use promo code UKEDIB19 for £50 in Y, £150 in J and £300 in F.

Interesting timing as its been one year now and as you may recall. ethihad had just pulled out of Edinburgh before EK came in due to poor uptake.

For me, i am unlikely to use Edinburgh simply down to no EK lounge and that Glasgow is approx 20 minutes closer to me than Edi.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Just got an email from EK offering discounts on this route. Use promo code UKEDIB19 for £50 in Y, £150 in J and £300 in F.

Interesting timing as its been one year now and as you may recall. ethihad had just pulled out of Edinburgh before EK came in due to poor uptake.

For me, i am unlikely to use Edinburgh simply down to no EK lounge and that Glasgow is approx 20 minutes closer to me than Edi.
The lack of EK lounge is a big downside, considering Glasgow is so close.
does anyone know load numbers for EDI? Has it been successful?
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:19 am

No email here and EDI is handy for me and easy to get to. I've been flying back in there recently but stick to GLA outbound.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.