Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Muscat Visa combined with Dubai -- issue with boarding?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold

Planning to fly Emirates from SFO-DXB-MCT with a long-ish (7hrs) layover in DXB. If I understand the regime correctly, I can simply exit the sterile area in Dubai, get a visa stamp, immediately re-enter it, and then enter Oman with my Dubai visa and thus avoid paying the ~$50 Oman visa fee. Is this correct? Also, if it is, will Emirates deny me boarding in SFO on the basis that I don't have an Oman visa?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Planning to fly Emirates from SFO-DXB-MCT with a long-ish (7hrs) layover in DXB. If I understand the regime correctly, I can simply exit the sterile area in Dubai, get a visa stamp, immediately re-enter it, and then enter Oman with my Dubai visa and thus avoid paying the ~$50 Oman visa fee. Is this correct? Also, if it is, will Emirates deny me boarding in SFO on the basis that I don't have an Oman visa?

Correct. What I do is print the oman police website page about this oman visa waiver in conjunction with Dubai visa scheme,I print in both Arabic and English.

It's important to obtain both Dubai entry (with the Dubai computer given visa number,normally written,sometimes on request) AND the Dubai exit stamps,preferably on the same PP page.Ensure that you are eligible nationality,which if you means you are eligible for visa on arrival.I'd print that eligible list too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.