Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowded A380 Cabin

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: ek
Wow I've been on the JFK-DXB flight probably 20 times in F and I'd say a good 5 times i've been the only passenger... and even when not there's only been 1 or 2 other pax..
so surprised to hear the cabin is full these days

then again my travel was a year+ ago and it was always the daytime flight

an almost guaranteed full longhual F flight is yyz, only 3x week , always get destroyed by the flex plus fares
Old May 1, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by EKplat
Opposite for me. I'm the only one in F today DXB - ADD

So far anyway. Maybe a few onboard upgraders later
i was the only F pax on the DXB-ORD yesterday! But, to be honest, once in the suite, you don’t know if it’s full or empty. BTW, the crew on this flight were the best I have encountered. And that was nothing to do with the empty cabin!
Old May 1, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I flew F from DXB-AKL with all seats full and I didn't notice any difference in service, food choices, shower times etc.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Ok so can we now conclude this thread with the summary that EK is not like BA and EY in that the F load doesn't affect service of food availability?
thijsseh and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:59 pm
Uli

Incorrect. If F is full, the service you will receive is less and slower as if F is not full.
Even if you pay fullfare F, a platinum member upgraded from C will receive better service as you as that guy will be asked first about menu choices/shower times, etc.

Besides, if F is full, and you tell them that you want your lunch/dinner later in the flight, you will open a can of worms. In this case the meals that cockpit and crew can eat becomes quite limited and they will push you to make your choice NOW, even if you want to eat later. If you want to win the "worst passenger of the year award by EK cabin crew", then just say "I will eat one hour before landing but I really cannot tell you now what I will be hungry for then. I expect you have all the choices available still" -- )

Of course, this is not EK specific.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
I have had a few empty F trips lately, upon placing my order the crew had to run around to check if they had the meals I requested as the J cabin crew had been making use of the F designated meals due to a full J cabin and trying to furfil everyone’s desired meal orders down in J. 3 out of 14, crew acting like they did me a favor finding me the Beef Wellington ( which was dire). Don’t get me wrong on that last line, I appreciate the crew finding the meal, but come on, why should an F passenger on a load of 3 in F have to wait on confirmation if J paxs have taken the meal already.

I am sure you will will be fine, above is just a recent observation that has happened thrice in a row now.
Old May 1, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Flame3601
I have had a few empty F trips lately, upon placing my order the crew had to run around to check if they had the meals I requested as the J cabin crew had been making use of the F designated meals due to a full J cabin and trying to furfil everyone’s desired meal orders down in J. 3 out of 14, crew acting like they did me a favor finding me the Beef Wellington ( which was dire). Don’t get me wrong on that last line, I appreciate the crew finding the meal, but come on, why should an F passenger on a load of 3 in F have to wait on confirmation if J paxs have taken the meal already.

I am sure you will will be fine, above is just a recent observation that has happened thrice in a row now.
Wow, I always thought they'd protect the F meal counts. Maybe the apps on the new phones aren't working right?

Were you by chance an onboard/airport upgrade?
Old May 2, 2018, 12:23 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Uli
Incorrect. If F is full, the service you will receive is less and slower as if F is not full.
To be honest, I tend to believe the regular F flyers on here rather than somebody who just says "Incorrect". I'm not a regular F flyer, but I've done full and empty sectors and haven't noticed any difference. I tend to eat in the lounge first and then on the plane after around 4 hours, and I've never had an issue getting my first choice.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Wow, I always thought they'd protect the F meal counts. Maybe the apps on the new phones aren't working right?

Were you by chance an onboard/airport upgrade?
I also assumed such, i think crew have been assuming that due to late night flight that F pax's won't be eating and will be maximising sleep. I also was not an onboard/airport upgrade.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
To be honest, I tend to believe the regular F flyers on here rather than somebody who just says "Incorrect". I'm not a regular F flyer, but I've done full and empty sectors and haven't noticed any difference. I tend to eat in the lounge first and then on the plane after around 4 hours, and I've never had an issue getting my first choice.
Yep.
I've flown quite a few full F. I also dine at the lounge, then, usually eat one hour prior to landing, whether it is breakfast or dinner. FA never asked me to choose dishes early, and I never had any issue with my dish selection, though, I usually take two entrees and one main.
And I was never told that they were going to check if BCL ate my bit. I may have been lucky so far.

Again, the only issue would be the shower, where you won't have the desired slot. It happens when there are a lot of first timers, or on red-eye flights. As a Plat, I know I am privileged.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
servIce is often better on full flights in my experiences over the last 6 years of regular F flights.

one time we struggled with food was when we left it til the end of the flight to order, now I order when on board and have when I’m hungry
Old May 2, 2018, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
It was EK204 the 11:20am departure. It turned out the flight was 3/4’s full. Service was okay and there was no food problems. The real problems were the shower time filled up quick. So my suggestion to anyone who gets onboard an A380 is to immidiately tell them you want to make a shower appointment.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
It was EK204 the 11:20am departure. It turned out the flight was 3/4’s full. Service was okay and there was no food problems. The real problems were the shower time filled up quick. So my suggestion to anyone who gets onboard an A380 is to immidiately tell them you want to make a shower appointment.
Did the JFK lounge finally open?
Old May 3, 2018, 1:15 am

its done on status order (or it should be)
Old May 4, 2018, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage
Did the JFK lounge finally open?
I left May 1st. I was told they were opening May 2nd, but I don’t know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.