Search

No show cost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:28 pm
S.R
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
No show cost

So my mom had a ticket HYD-JFK-HYD, outbound flown back in January, and the return was booked for early April. We thought it was booked for August, so never paid attention until I went and checked it today and saw that it was actually for April 5th. So now the ticket is cancelled because she no showed. My question is, is there a deadline I need to call by to pay the no show fee and have the ticket reinstated? Because we don't currently know the date she's planning on taking the return flight, so if I can wait a few weeks that would be good.

So any advice?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
The coupon is valid for 12 months, I think that's how long you have.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:28 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
The coupon is valid for 12 months, I think that's how long you have.
Does the coupon validity not depend on the fare class? From memory I think I have seen coupon expiry dates much shorter than that.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Does the coupon validity not depend on the fare class? From memory I think I have seen coupon expiry dates much shorter than that.
No, my understanding is that a coupon is generally always 12 months. You can always pay the fare difference to a fare with a longer validity. The fare may no longer be valid but the coupon should be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.